Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reentry permit process without notification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reentry permit process without notification?

Hi all,

I a have a Greencard but live still abroad. At the moment i am looking for a job in the US.
    The last time i was in the US the officer said a need a reentry permit. The next time I will
    arrive there without a reentry permit they will revoke my greencard.

So I applied with a I-131 travel document on my last visit. The problem now is, that I didn not get any answer or case number. Maybe because I marked that they should send the permit to a embassy abroad? They also didn't take the process fee from my account till now. I sent the application 6 weeks ago by mail to the nebraska service center.

So the question is now, did they got my application? How can I make sure that my letter didn't get lost on the way.
    In the case the didn get it. Can I apply from abroad? I know it is mandatory to apply from US soil, but as I mentioned, I need this Reentry permit to get there now ;(

Ok the situation has changed. As it turned out, the postal service deliverd not my application to the uscis!!!!
    After a month! the package was sent back from the postal recovery service to my adress in the us because of insufficient postage? what should i do now? I need this document the next time I want to come to the US but as i now it is madatory to send it before you are leaving the us? Should my friends in the US just update the cheque (the processing fee has changed) and resent it? I guess they find out, that i already have left the country....

Thanks for your help and advice!
    g
    Last edited by gurux; 08-18-2007, 01:00 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X