Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going back to US to get vaccinated, 13 mo after last trip, on PR, apply for i-131?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going back to US to get vaccinated, 13 mo after last trip, on PR, apply for i-131?

I am a US Citizen; my wife is Canadian (2 y/o born in US) on a US PR card she got 6 yrs ago (shame on us for not applying for citizenship before leaving for Canada due to Covid!). We left bc of Covid 13 mo ago and are returning via the land border later this week for 24 hours to get the vaccine. We know there may be issues as we cross the border but we will have documentation in our phone ready to show that we had no intention of abandoning the US (we've lived with her parents the whole time) and want to return once it is safe to do so (when we can secure child care or a nanny).

We also will have to go back in 3-4 wks for a second shot. We also may have to go to the US for a few days in Jul for a family occasion (via air). We will return to Canada until maybe later in the year when we can secure Child Care for our baby. [I know there is a chance they will parole her in and make her go before a judge; we cannot wait in the US for that trial though and will have to back to Canada before the trial and hopefully make it back for the trial, IF it comes to do that.]

Does it make sense to apply for the I-131 during our 24 hour stay and then return to the US for biometrics when needed? Just to make sure she can keep her PR. Or is it worth "risking" it and going back and forth the 2-3 times we need to and then dealing with it in Canada via an SB-1 or something similar?

any guidance or help will be most appreciated, thank you! (PS we do want to live in the US, but likely wont be doing that until late 2022)
    Last edited by tennisboy19; 04-12-2021, 01:48 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X