View Full Version : Convert Visitor Visa(B2) to Work Permit Visa

06-11-2008, 05:57 PM

My dad has B2 for 10 years, but he wants to work over here. is there any way to convert B2 as work permit visa. Pl. advice.Thanks.

P.S: he can work only as labour, not skilled worker.

06-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Not at all possible as per the law. Having that intent to work while travelling on B2 is illegal as well.

06-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Most work visas require degrees and highly skilled labor. So that is a NO-NO.

06-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks PraetorianXI & txh1b for your time.

Finally i understand as per the law not at all possible, but still lot of guys those who came from other countries working in small convenient stores and shops as labor over here. can you Pl. guide me on this?. Thanks.

06-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Plain and simple, illegal unless they have authorization from USCIS for doing so. (DV lottery GC, Citizens sons/daughters that applied for GC for them, granted asylum for some political reason etc)

06-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Tx..TxH1B for ur time this time too..