View Full Version : Help with getting green card/residency for husband

06-21-2010, 09:01 PM
my husband was brought to this country as a 2 year old (1989) by his parents. as far as i know, his parents never did anything or filed anything for him. he lived here in the U.S his whole life & does not have family in mexico. when he turned 18 (2005) he was arrested (for car theft and/or evading police) but the charges were dropped and when he was sent to ICE he signed to leave the U.S on his own. he did not see a judge & he was not told he was deported for X amount of time. he returned to the U.S on foot in 2005 as he has no family in mexico and knows nothing of mexico as he has been here basically his whole life. he and i had also been together since we were teens and i am not sure he even knew that he wasnt born here. my father got sick in 2007 with cancer and we decided to get married in 2008 when my dad started to go downhill really bad so my dad could see at least one of his daughters get married. so now my husband is 23 and we have been married for a little over 2 years. i have no idea on how to go about obtaining his residency or if it can even happen. i have consulted several lawyers & they have all told me different things. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

06-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Read http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/persons-in-us.html