View Full Version : GC Trough a child born in the USA

07-20-2010, 03:18 PM
hi every one

I was searching trough all the treads and I haven't seen any case of applying for GC for the parents of a child born in the states. I have a relatives visiting and they have a B2 status and my cousin is pregnant and she wants to have the baby here and after that her and her husband plan to go back to their home country so i was wondering if there is any way for them and the child to get any immigration status while they are here of through consular processing? Does the fact that the baby is going to be born in the stats gives the right to the baby to be a us citizen and any immigration benefits to his parents?

Please if any one knows any facts or has some information about the immigration laws in this case i thank you in advance

07-21-2010, 05:26 PM
That is possible but not just due to a child being born in the US, certain nationals where once child policy exists can show that will be percecuted and apply for a Asylum case....

You have to speak to an Attroney and get advice accordingly. Note child birth is not covered under most travel insurance programs...

So it maybe a deep hole in the wallet in addition to legal bills, its not the best of options to try to becoming a PR.