Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting from Indian tourist to Entry visa for US citizen spouse while in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting from Indian tourist to Entry visa for US citizen spouse while in India

Hi, my wife and I got married in California, USA in August 2022. My wife is a US citizen and I am an Indian citizen. We have since moved to India. My wife entered India on a tourist visa but now means to convert to the Entry visa for spouses. She would prefer to convert based on our US marriage certificate and date because FRRO only allows foreign citizens to start working in India after 2 years of marriage to an Indian citizen. So she doesn't want to get registered in India and start the cycle all over again. When we looked at converting her tourist visa we are asked for "MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE NEED APPOSTILLED OR ENDORSED CERTIFICATE". I seems like they want the US marriage certificate to be apostilled but from we have learned it looks like we can't get a document issued by a foreign country apostilled in India. Has anyone been in a similar situation? If so would love to know what you did to resolve this issue. Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X