Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-B expires on july2508 and applying an extension with a pending case

Hi ,
    I am now in usa on L1- blanket and I have applied for the L-1B visa extesnion.
    My I94 expires on the same date as my L1-B visa.

I was arrested for "5th Degree domestic assualt" .My trial is pending on sep15th2008.If I apply visa extesion with my pending case.Will the USCIS deny my L1-B application or they will extedn atleast upto sep15th 2008 for the trail to happen.I am 100% sure during the trail i will come out as innocent.

Can you please give me your suggestions on the same?

Regards:Jagan

The extension may not even get processed until then. USCIS will not base their extension based on the case or the results yet. You are innocent until proven guilty as per the law. The extension will not go as per the trial date or so.

BTW, your confidence that you will come out 100% innocent is little too much of confidence. Hope you have a good lawyer and the DV victim is not going with the case. Even if the DV victim does not co-operate, the state can still go forward with the case if they have collected enough evidence. Don't mess with the criminal justice system of this country, especially when you are an immigrant.

Your charges? Is that a felony or a misdemeanor in your state? What is the maximum punishment? All these matter for the immigration.

Remember, plea bargains etc are still harmful for immigration. The best thing with regards to immigration is a complete dismissal of the case. Even then, you have to reveal the arrest all the time in all immigration paperwork.
    Last edited by txh1b; 06-16-2008, 02:01 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Do you mean that for the L1-B visa extension having a peniding case like this will not effect my extension right?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X