Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form W-8BEN for those who have EAD but still waiting for the Green-Card

Hi Everyone,

This is a very important question that I wish one of you could help me with, my wife is trying to add me to her bank account so that we have a joint checking bank account, and the bank is asking me to fill and submit a W-8BEN form.

Information about Form W-8 BEN, Certificate of Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Entities), including recent updates, related forms and instructions on how to file. Submit Form W-8 BEN when requested by the withholding agent or payer.

This is confusing me so much because I have a Green Card application (AOS) and according to IRS I'm considered as a resident align because I'm married to a US citizen and I've stated that on the W-4 form when I with filling the new job forms. Do I still need to fill and submit a W-8BEN form?

Are they going to withhold 30% of my paychecks or income because I don't have a greencard?

I would really appreciate it if anyone who have been through similar situation or have some information can help me, Thank you so much!
    06/10/2019 - Application delivered to USCIS Chicago Office
    06/18/2019 - Checks Cashed (no txt or email!)
    06/20/2019 - 4 NOAs Letters received in mail
    06/28/2019 - Received Biometrics Appointment notice
    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appointment done
    07/26/2019 - Called USCIS to place an EAD Expedite request
    08/08/2019 - Requested Expedite through Congressman
    08/09/2019 - Received Courtesy letter for missing i-693
    08/23/2019 - New Card is being produced (I-765) [Day 75]

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...