Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Evidence (I-131)

Hello everyone,

I am a DACA recipient (current DACA expires January 2024) that had applied for I-131, Application for Travel Documentation (AP) back in February 2023 and received a Request for Evidence in May. My initial application requested a departure date of February 20th as my grandmother was in the hospital, and I had hope it would be processed quickly. Now that the date has passed, they are asking I give new intended date of departure and intended length of travel . The request went as follows:

"Requested Departure Has Passed
    An individual requesting an Advance Parole Document based upon a grant of deferred action under Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) will be granted an Advance Parole Document that is only valid for the Duration of the documented need for travel.

You indicated on your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, that your intended date of departure was February 20, 2023, however this date has now passed. If you still wish to pursue this Form I-131, you must provide a new intended date of departure and expected length of travel.

NOTE: USCIS cannot issue an advance parole document with the validity period that exceeds the validity period of your most recent DACA grant.

If you no longer wish to pursue this Form I-131, please respond with a signed letter requesting to withdraw your application."

My goal is to be able to travel to see my grandmother as my job allows me time off. I will be visiting to see what kind of support she needs, that I can provide over the duration of my approved time period. Ideally it will be more than one trip as I cannot take weeks off from work at a time. I'm hesitant to give a specific date again and possibly miss the intended travel date before my AP is approved. Can anyone provide any guidance as to how I should word the requested departure dates?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X