Green Card with Future employer and/or Current Employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card with Future employer and/or Current Employer

Hello everyone, Hope somebody could help me answer my situation.

My 6 years of H1b+extra time ends by the mid-Feb 2014.

Currently working for a company 'A' as a manager and they have just begun with my prevailing wages stages as of mid-Nov and planning to filed for Labor by the end of Dec.
    Just received an offer from Company 'B' as a Director and am very much interested to join Company 'B'. They are little flexible with the timing of me joining and ready to start the Green Card process immediately as well.

The situation is, that i don't want to move from my current place until the next 3 months, at least as my wife and I are expecting our first kid anytime. Postponing for 3 months makes it very close to an year for my H1b to end (end of my 5th Year).

What would be the best thing to do here?

1) Can i request Company 'B' to start the GC process now (and they would be willing to do) to make sure they apply for my Labor before the end of 5th Year? I switch over to this Company after 3 months

2) Wait for Labor to be complete with current Company 'A' and hope to be done by mid-feb 2013 and change to Company 'B' with the labor approval?

3) Wait till labor and I-140 is complete (apply for a premium I-140 process) and then change to the new employer; but not sure if the Company 'B' is that flexible with the dates

4) Dont care about the end of 5yr and the labor with the current company; wait for 3 months and switch to Company 'B' and start my GC process immediately.

5) Let me know if any other options.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- D

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X