Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140, I-485, H1, and H4 questions

Hi,

My employer filed my GC in EB3 several ago and my I-140 was approved in 2007. I-485 is pending. I have several questions. Can some one help?

1. My employer did not share the approved I-140 document with me for obvious reasons. I have the case number for my I-140 and when I inquire the USCIS website, it says that my I-140 (Immigrant petition) is approved. If I need to switch my employer, is this case number enough or do I need the approved copy of the I-140 document?
    2. My employer filed extension for my H1B few weeks ago, but it appears that an RFE has been issued. Unfortunately, my employer's contract with the client has ended after I submitted my H1B extension documents. I assume the RFE must be for the contract or SOW with the client which is not possible right now. Is it possible to amend the H1B extension petition by showing some other client?
    3. When I filed my I-485 (somewhere during 2008/2009), my daughter was not born and hence we were able to file I-485 for me and my wife only. Is it possible to add my daughter with an amendment?
    4. Now if I switch to a different employer and move to US, what happens to my daughter's H4 if we get green card?
    5. My latest H1B approval notice expired already. It appears that an extension can be filed any time for me since my I-140 was approved long back. Can some one confirm?
    6. If my current employer revokes my I-140, what options will I have if I switch to a new employer?
    7. I applied for AP and EAD while filing I-485. However, both were expired and I did not renew as I need to keep my H1 in order to keep my daughter's H4. Is it possible to apply them now? If I don't get my H1B extension approved, what option I will have for my daughter?
    8. It appears that I can get a copy of my I-140 using FOIA. Can some one let me know the procedure? How long does it take if I apply from India?
    9. I don't have the approved labor copy with me. Is it possible to get a duplicate copy from USCIS or is it required? I understand that if I switch to a new employer, a new labor petition has to be filed.

Sorry for the long list of questions, but I am unclear about several facts due to my case complexity.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X