Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB3 and PERM question

Hi friends,

I'm currently a financial analyst for a silicon valley company under L1B and they're filling for my greencard under EB3. I have some questions on the best way to get through the PERM process.

Some background, I hold a bachelors in Business (already validated in the US for the L1B process) and have held various positions in tech companies over the years. I've been working as a financial analyst for 1.5 years and my previous position was an operations analyst at another tech company in Brazil.

When doing the job posting, they sent me a draft for my position and the minimum requirement was bachelor's + 1 year experience in a bunch of tools/skills such as hyperion, SQL, accounting, BI etc etc
    When I saw it I thought 1yr experience as the minimum requirement was low and thinking it'd make it hard to get to PERM was could have other candidates applying. They said I could use my 2yrs experience with the other company however I'd need a letter from my previous manager.
    The letter itself is not a problem however i was in operations rather than finance hence not all the skills are the same.

Now to my questions: what's more important for the PERM process? Years of experience or many different skills?

For instance I could do perm with 3 years experience with 3 or 4 more a "general" skill set OR I could do just 1 yr experience with a very extensive and detailed skill set (listing 8 or 9 different systems, tools etc)

Thanks guys! Really appreciate any insight you could provide.

Thanks!
    Giuliano

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X