Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost my job and got a new one in my past as H1B. Possible effects on green card now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my job and got a new one in my past as H1B. Possible effects on green card now?

Some background ... and my question is regarding the Green Card process. I have received PERM approval and I-140 approval for the Green Card. Pending adjustment of status and interview.

1. H1B with 1st employer ... no issues.
    2. H1B with 2nd employer ... terminated.
    3. Immediate search for new job, had an interview scheduled in 2 days.
    4. In 2 weeks I had a new job offer ... lets call this 3rd employer.
    5. 2nd employer who fired me refused to buy my ticket back home. Took 1 month for 2nd employer to agree to buy me ticket, I did not buy my own since the new 3rd employer was getting ready to transfer and lawyer said it should be okay for the "10 days" or so. Also, I was afraid if I did I would surrender any chance to re-gain that being out of the country.
    6. Had to refile the transfer due to issues with how the lawyer was proceeding. So start date with new 3rd employer took 2 months. Did not leave the country during this time under advise from the lawyer of "10 days" being apprx. He got dicey later "...might want to leave or we'll do consular processing".
    7. H1B received and started work ... but then I noticed it said consular processing in the fine print.
    8. H1B was corrected without having to leave.
    8. H1B was then approved 2 times since then for position changes.
    9. H1B with 4th employer ... no issues and has been modified 3 times for position changes or extensions ... no issues.
    10. I'm at the end of H1B practically and as mentioned received PERM and I-140 approval so far.

What should I expect or prepare for? FYI - my employer knows all about my background so I have not hidden anything and they are proceeding.

I am heavily invested in the US (car, home, my whole life) so it would be hard for me to leave. So as a bonus question: What could I do to remain if this get declined? Could I apply for a grad student degree for instance?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X