Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relocation After Receiving a Green Card (EB3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocation After Receiving a Green Card (EB3)

Hello! Advice needed...

On May 4th, 2022 Mine and my Wife's Green Cards were approved. Mine was the primary petition - Employment Based (EB3) and my wife applied as my dependent.
    During the process of obtaining the green cards, our company (the sponsor) changed its regulations and due to the Covid went to "work from home" model for those who don't want to come to the office. The company also moved its HQ from MA to FL. They still maintain the MA office for now where I keep on coming to work (plan to close it later on).
    However, since now we are all allowed to work from home, my wife and I want to move to another state as well but use the "work from home" option (we work for the same company). We plan to move in the end of August this year when our apt lease is over, but keep on working for the same company in the same positions.

I know that usually lawyers mention that prompt moves after receiving your green card may be dangerous when naturalizing in 5 years. Would our timeline be considered "prompt" or it is fine? Below are some dates:

I-485 Case Receive - November 12th, 2021
    New Card Ordered - May 3rd, 2022
    Form I-485 Approved - May 4th, 2022
    Card Mailed to me - May 6th, 2022

As you may see, my I-485 was pending for around 170 days out of 180 that are required before submitting I-485J. So, we'd been waiting for the GC approval for 170 days, plus to that we will have been in MA for just under 4 months in August (since case approved) when we move.

If we move in August will it be considered as "prompt" or we are in a clear and won't face any issues in 5 years when naturalizing?

thank you!
    Last edited by imrvlad; 05-09-2022, 05:15 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X