I-864 joint sponsor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 joint sponsor question

So, I am a US citizen living abroad with my wife (non-US citizen). We are preparing for our interview and I am filling out the I-864. I graduated last year, and am working abroad for 2 years until next year, when I will return to complete my MBA. Won't go into the details of it now, but my taxes have not been filed yet, so my tax records are well below poverty guidelines.

Anyways, my father intends to be my joint sponsor. My question: On Part 3, question 1 of the I-864 form it says "I am sponsoring the principal immigrant in part 2" Check yes or no.

I understand that I must fill out this form and my father must fill out a separate one. Since I am the petitioner does that mean that on my form I check 'yes' and on my father's he checks 'no'?

Thanks in advance.

No, u both should have YES, because u r both (by immigration law) responsible and both can b held responsible for the beneficiary. Therefore, yes & yes. Good luck on your interview.

Comment

I actually have a similar situation. If part 3 ques 1 is yes in both petitioner and joint sponsor's I-864 then what does the petitioner and joint-sponsor answer for part 3 question 7. Who's "household size" will the principal applicant get added to.

thanx

Comment

If using a household member (spouse ?) as an I-864A joint sponsor, then that household member should be included in the I-864 household member calculation.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ART123 View Post
        I actually have a similar situation. If part 3 ques 1 is yes in both petitioner and joint sponsor's I-864 then what does the petitioner and joint-sponsor answer for part 3 question 7. Who's "household size" will the principal applicant get added to.

thanx

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X