Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was my i130 transferred to National Benefits Center?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was my i130 transferred to National Benefits Center?

When I was a Permanent Resident, I filed an i130 petition for my wife under F2A category. A year and half later, our priority date for "Date for Filing" became current and we filed the Adjustment of Status application along with EAD and Advanced Parole. At this point, my i130 was in Nebraska Service Center, and my i485, EAD etc were in National Benefits Center.

Shortly afterward, I Naturalized. I sent Nebraska Service Center a copy of my Citizenship and requested them to upgrade my i130 to immediate relative Category. A week after receipt, they transferred the i130 from Nebraska to National Benefits center. I was always told that i130 is processed at service centers. Why would they transfer it to the NBC???

A month after I got the transfer notice to NBC, I call the customer line and they say they don't see that the petition has been upgraded on their system. They also say I don't have to send them a letter to upgrade and that it automatically upgrades once I become a US Citizen. But I don't believe them. Every resource I've read online states I have to ask USCIS to upgrade the i130 and they won't automatically do it. The USCIS help line just keeps giving me conflicting information.

Does anyone know if the transfer to NBC means the petition was actually upgraded, or was it just sent to the wrong place? Any insights will help. Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X