Applying for I-751 -- looking for tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for I-751 -- looking for tips

Dear community -- I'm reaching out again after you've all been so fantastic and supportive throughout this process in the past.

Early next month would be 90-days prior to the expiration of my conditional marriage green-card, and so I would be applying for renewal via I-751.

I've decided this time around I'd submit by myself and without a lawyer (because it looks like a simple enough application, and because the lawyers I've worked with previously on my green card application have been unpleasant human beings).
    Filling the I-751 and compiling the documents looks relatively straightforward but I wanted to know if anyone with experience got any tips to help me avoid any pitfalls. Would love to hear your thoughts.
    Also, regarding the documents meant to prove the realness of my relationship, there was a mention of a signed affidavit by someone who knows us, and I wanted to know if this is something really needed.
    Also, would I need another interview/fingerprints/any in-person visit?
    Also, how soon did you get your temporary work/travel documents? If you did apply 90-days ahead of the expiration of your green card?

Thank you so much for your help -- communities are such an important, comforting entity these days,
    Wishing you al the best,
    Yuval

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X