Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-290B - Denied I-751 Due To Lack Of Dviroce Decree

Happy Sunday & Father's Day!

I-751 was filed jointly before my ex and I separated.

USCIS issued I-751 update 1-2 years later with a Request for Evidence. RFE was properly responded to.

USCIS issued an interview notice. I appeared to the interview, which went great. USCIS officer said he will issue another RFE (requesting a divorce decree).

We were unable to finalize our divorce and receive the divorce decree for USCIS's RFE. The RFE was replied to though on time, and we explained why a divorce decree wasn't available yet.

I-751 was denied due to lack of proof that marriage was legally terminated even though we did our best and had provided proof of our settlement agreement that was submitted to the court. This was very disappointing, because the divorce decree was issued by the court right after our USCIS deadline .
    I filed I-290B (Motion to Reopen) supplying USCIS with the divorce decree.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'd greatly appreciate anyone's input on this process.

- How likely is the I-290B going to be approved (given that not having the divorce decree to begin with was nobody's fault)?

- Assuming the I-290B gets approved, what happens afterwards to the I-751? It's a bit confusing as the I-751 letter states that the denial cannot be appealed, but yet one can submit an I-290B presenting "new facts".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your time.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X