Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expedited Advance Parole vs 30 day Infopass ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedited Advance Parole vs 30 day Infopass ?

My parents had applied for Advance Parole at the time of filing for AOS in Jan2022 (concurrent filing). Since then they have received EAD and SSN in June2022 but no movement on AOS (485) or Advance Parole (131). On October 31st 2022, they called USCIS and applied for expedited Advance Parole as my dad needs an urgent eye surgery back home and do not have sufficient insurance to cover. Since then, we have had no movement on the expedited request so he called again on Nov 23 2022 and the rep created a Service line request for him saying that a Tier 2 agent from local field office (we are in Chicagoland) will call within 72 hours. We didnt receive a call but received an email today asking for information like his name and receipt number etc. The email had no info on where and how to provide that basic info which is a part of his application already. So we called USCIS back and they said the Service Line created by rep on Nov 23 2022 was for Infopass “emergency” advance parole which will be valid to travel only for 30 days and they will need to be back to US in 30 days. They said it’s different than the expedited request submitted on October 31 2022 which has a longer duration for Advance parole.

My question: does anyone know if this is accurate? Are there really 2 kinds of expedited vs emergency Advance Parole. One for longer duration and one for just 30 days. Evaluating my options here, please let me know if anyone has had similar experience or knows more on this. Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X