Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straightforward EB-1a case?

Hi everyone,

Hoping to seek some advice. I've been told I have a straightforward case for EB1-1. So I'm wondering if I can avoid $5-6k in legal fees. Can anyone please confirm this is true and let me know if I'm likely to succeed based on details below?
    - I'm an Emmy award winning Illustrator from the UK. I was one of four people in my team who received an Emmy (Outstanding Main Title Design 2013 ) regardless, I have a statue with my name on it (attached). I also have the Emmy nomination invite personally addressed to me. I'm one of only 3 illustrators to ever win an Emmy.
    - Apparently, an Emmy can pass for "a major internationally recognized award" and that's all I need to prove my "extraordinary ability". I was told "Emmy" is actually in the legal statute as one of the examples, along with Nobel Prize, Academy Award, etc.
    - I have a BAFTA nomination this year but the only proof so far is on the website. I haven't received any mail yet but I'll be attending the ceremony on April 26th.

The only other part I need to prove is my intention to continue in my field of Illustration once I arrive in the States.

Are all these assumptions correct or am I missing something?

- What exactly do I need to do to "prove intention to continue in my field"?
    If it's simply a cover letter detailing which companies and individuals I intend to contact then how detailed should I be?
    - I know quite a few people who can link me to companies and individuals so I think it shouldn't be a problem getting some letters from prospective employers, galleries, etc. But do they all need to be hand signed with company letterheads, etc, or will email correspondence be sufficient?
    - If I pay for premium processing and file everything within the next 2 weeks, how soon can I travel to the States as an intending immigrant?

If there are any artists here with similar cases can you please share your experience with me and let me know the steps you took or point me to a useful link that details the steps - I've been researching for about a week, struggling quite a bit! :-/

I very much appreciate any help. I'm really glad this forum exists and I hope I can be of a help to anyone in the near future!

Nathan
    Attached Files

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X