Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change Employer Question - After 140 Approved. Please don't oversee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Employer Question - After 140 Approved. Please don't oversee!

Please don't oversee. And I kindly request the FMs an answer.

Might be a question repeated, but I would need some help to understand how do i manage a situation particularly when i can anticipate a job loss (say due to firing).

I am with Employer A. I-140 approved and they just extended my H1 beyond 6 years and it is good for 3 years from now. At this stage, I don't see any issues and am good to go switch to Employer B immediately - since my H1 got extended beyond 6 years and is good for another 3 years from now.

Please let me know if I am assuming something wrong with respect to #1. And can I still use my already approved I-140 to do a H1 Transfer through Employer B?

I am with Employer A. I-140 approved and I just have 6 months left in my already extended H1(note: I already completed 6 years in H1 and my H1 was extended beyond 6 years and I only have 6 months left in my already extended H1).

#2 is where i would need your help. As It requires my H1 to be extended otherwise it will expire in 6 months, how do i manage a situation where i need to find another employer at this stage. Should I wait until Employer A gets my H1 extension approved and then switch to another employer? Or simply have my Employer B transfer my H1 with the help of my already approved I-140 (from Employer A)? How will this work?

Appreciate your response.
    thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X