Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my Priority Date?

Hi Experts,

My employer filed my 1st I-140 sometime in 2010 but that got denied. In the I-140 application form, I found that my priority date mentioned as Mar 2010.

After that, with big struggle, again filed everything in premimum in 2011 and my 2nd I-140 got approved. This time in the application form, the priority date mentioned was Feb 2011.

Both these times, my employer didn't send me any I-140 approval notice neither hard or soft copy. Just a forwarded mail saying I-140 approved.

Later on, after 1 and half years, in Sep 2013, the status of my approved I-140 changed to "Intend to Revoke".

After a long struggle and everything, last August only, I got my I-140 re-approved again. This time, my employer sent me soft copy of approved I-140. I thought the priority is still Feb 2011. But now, I see priority date mentioned in the approval notice as March 2010 instead of Feb 2011.

So, I'm little confused. What is my priority date?

To file I-485, should I go with the date mentioned in my latest I-140 approval notice? Or, should I file I-485 only on Feb 2011?

Or, do I have to get it changed to Feb 2011 in my I-140? I'm worried if this is going to create issues again...

Please advise...

Thanks
    Castor
    Last edited by castor_troy; 01-14-2016, 12:02 PM. Reason: typo

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X