Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I retain I-140 Priority Date with Job/Role Change

Hello there,

I am in a dilemma right now and would like to seek the advice/expertise of the fellow members or experienced folks here. I have an approved I-140 with 3 years remaining on my H1b visa.

However, I am in the midst of interviewing for different role at the same company and seeking an internal transfer if everything comes out well. I wanted to understand, under what circumstances, can I retain my Priority Date? Does that mean I have to apply a NEW PERM again and go through the entire process of labor, PERM, job posting, I-140 application ? or just file an adjustment to existing I-140? the job location is going to be the same but the job description and the title are going to change.

I would really like to retain my Priority date. If I comes out that I need to start the entire process again, I would really re-think if I need to take that new offer or not.
    I cannot talk to our corp lawyer at this point as I am still pursuing the internal transfer and I dont know for 100% that I will get the job.
    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks !

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X