Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent help -- Whether to include Spouse (on F1 OPT) in my I140 (GC) or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help -- Whether to include Spouse (on F1 OPT) in my I140 (GC) or not?

Hi,

Need your valuable suggestion. I am on H1B Visa (total time on H1B is 2 years) working for one of the USA IT MNC. My wife came to USA even before me on F1 Visa. She completed her MS in one of the top university and is working for a USA IT MNC on F1 OPT. Her H1B is not picked up in lottery this year and she has 2 more chances. Her company will do GC for her, once H1B is picked up (may be next year). So we both are on different visas (from day 1) and no way dependent on other.

My company started my GC process an year ago and the PERM is approved. I have been asked to submit the documentation for I140. Now the problem is,

1. Do I need to include my wife in I140 details?

2. I would like to have two separate GC processes to go on (one for my wife and other for me with our respective companies) and take advantage on who ever gets GC first. Also even in case one lost job for unforeseen reasons, other's GC will go on. Is that a good idea?

3. There is a section in I140 documentation asking -- "Is your spouse applying for Adjustment of status with you?" -- what does this mean?

Any info/suggestion on this is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,
    Ram

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X