Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i-140 filed from india and status shows Case Was Sent To The Department of State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-140 filed from india and status shows Case Was Sent To The Department of State

I have used 3.5 years of my H1b time and transferred to india after my h1b extension denial. My Green card process was started while i am in US on my H1b but the PERM was filed after i moved back to india. So the PERM filing date is 09/20/2018. PERM got approved on 11/20/2018. As my company undergone an acquisition there was a delay in filing my i-140. My i-140 was filed on 04/01/2019 in Premium. On 04/12/2019 the status got updated in USCIS to

"On April 12, 2019, we sent your case, Receipt Number SRC YYYY YYYY XX, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov".
    1. What does this status mean?
    2. If it is filed under consular processing, Can i switch to Adjustment of Status once i am back in US(My company is filing my H1b extension again)?
    3. How long does it take to switch?
    4. Do i need to switch to Adjustment of Status in order to get EAD for my spouse and also to extend my H1b beyond 6 years.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X