Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job offer letter requirement - NVC - Immigration Interview - India

Background-
    Eb3 category petition was filed by employer in 2003. I worked in US for 8yrs till 2009. My green card priority date is now current after 10 yrs.

I had to move to India in 2009 for family reasons. Left job also as I was not sure how long I would need to stay in India.
    Transferred my case to Nvc and got a i-824 letter of approval that case is now sent to India.

Question- Now that priority dates are current, NVC should be in process of working on my case, and I may receive the fee bill soon. Now, it's been 4 yrs, and looking at job scenario, my employer may not be able to offer a new job offer letter (one of the documents required for interview).

Now, do I still need to show the affadavit of support - or can I get a waiver for I-864 (since I worked for almost 8 yrs in US and Paid taxes)?

Also - what happens if my employer cannot provide an offer letter? Would I need to contact some other company to identify if they can sponsor? Do the possible companies that may offer a job need to again file I-140 etc?

Does this destroy my 10yr wait hopes? OR Can this be discussed as a valid question in the interview? With my background, I am positive that I will find some other job, but I may not want to move back immediately or take up a new job in US right away.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X