Visa Case returned to USCIS for Overseas consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Case returned to USCIS for Overseas consulate

I would like to hear your opinion upon my case. My wife is a U.S citizen and has applied for me an IR1 immigrant visa in 2016. The visa processing went into a lengthy process due to the Travel Ban proclamation, which has affected my case because I am from one of the countries enlisted in the proclamation, Yemen. I had my interview at Consulate in Egypt on 22 Jan 2019, and the visa case was refused pursuant to the presidential proclamation and set into further administrative processing to determine my eligibility for a travel ban waiver. Before 3 weeks the Consular Post informed me that I am eligible for a travel ban waiver and requested me to send them a new Medical examination result, a new Police Certificate, 2 photos and the passport for finalizing visa processing. I sent them the requested documents and waited for the happy call. Unfortunately, the consular post called and informed me to pick up my passport and wait until they call me again. I asked the caller what is the problem, and she replied: "just keep the passport with you and wait for our call". I was so concerned at that moment and sent an email to the consular section asking for an explanation for this action. The consular section replied that the case will be returned to the USCIS for adjudication. I asked for a detailed explanation but I got no reply. I checked my case status and it is as same as before " Administrative processing". I was expecting a consular decision letter with the passport, but I received just the passport.

Any suggestions!! please help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X