Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vjrnn2022
    replied
    Hello folks, my dad received his passport with the IR5 visa stamped and valid till the end of September as expected. Due to familial commitments and his ailing brother, we are planning to make the trip to the US only 10 days before the expiry of the visa. Would this be a problem?

Leave a comment:

• zakasbanda
    replied
    Originally posted by Nik_sam View Post
    DQ Date: 21-Jul-2022​
    IL notification date: 23-Jan-2023
    Interview date: 27-Mar-2023​​
    Passport received date: 29-Mar-2023

Thank you to Shanaya AlienKanpur GeoMac for all your comments/inputs on this forum.

I have entered US on immigrant visa on 7-April and now waiting for the actual green card to arrive. I had requested a change of address at the port of entry.

Question - is there a way to verify that address was in fact correctly changed in the system and is there a way to track the printing/delivery of actual green card online?

Thanks
    Hi Friends

My father is travelling in 2 days. I still can't believe it. Took years to get here and friends such as yourself to assist me throughout the process.

I have two questions
    1. What questions can the officer at port of entry ask?
    2. Are there different lines for US citizens vs Green Card immigrants. He will be travelling with another companion who is a US citizen. Can they both go in the same line so that he can get some help (if needed)?

Thanks
    Last edited by zakasbanda; 04-25-2023, 12:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• zakasbanda
    replied
    Originally posted by AutisticManChild View Post
    Thank you both. Is it advisable to do biometrics and medical on the same day?

Edit: decided to take both appointments on the same day, one in the morning and one in the later afternoon. It is just easier for parents to travel to Mumbai just once.

BTW do the parents need original signed 864 or just scanned version is fine?

On a related note, do I need to include updated financial documents (for example, newer bank statements, new job verification letter, etc.) for support? I didn't submit these documents to NVC before.
    Same day is fine as long as there is sufficient duration between the appointment. Usually the med appointments are in the morning and bio is in the afternoon. So should be okay.

864 print out works. Upon Biometrics, they will put a stamp on the copy of 864. This needs to be saved and taken during the interview.

You can upload the latest financial documents. In my case, I just had my father carry the latest ones. And they did ask for the latest income tax returns (transcripts)

Leave a comment:

• AutisticManChild
    replied
    Thank you both. Is it advisable to do biometrics and medical on the same day?

Edit: decided to take both appointments on the same day, one in the morning and one in the later afternoon. It is just easier for parents to travel to Mumbai just once.

BTW do the parents need original signed 864 or just scanned version is fine?

On a related note, do I need to include updated financial documents (for example, newer bank statements, new job verification letter, etc.) for support? I didn't submit these documents to NVC before.
    Last edited by AutisticManChild; 04-21-2023, 12:29 PM. Reason: more questions

Leave a comment:

• AlienKanpur
    replied
    Originally posted by AutisticManChild View Post

Thank you for your response.

I went to the second link, made account, and then the appointment.

Is the appointment called VAC appointment? We received confirmation email but it doesn't mention biometrics and/or fingerprinting at all.

Appreciate any input.
    Great. You did it. The confirmation will highlight the documents that you need to take for the VAC appointment and also for the consulate appointment. Geomac has already mentioned everything that you will need for the VAC appointment. Generally this is no more than 30 minutes of work. Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X