Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin's attention needed on this post - Regarding IDP in India

Hello friends,

I wanted to share my experience regarding the IDP (International Driving Permit).
    To know what it is and the fees (Pune) required please follow this link.

I reached Pune RTO in the morning with Passport, visa, driving license, fees (Rs. 500) and 4 photos.
    Got Form 4A and Form 1A. You may get these forms online on this link or you may get it there itself (in Marathi).
    (Beware of the agents as they might ask you if you require their help).
    Form 4A - IDP
    Form 1A - Medical
    Filled up the IDP form affixing 3 photos.
    There was a doctor standing near a parking who took a photo and provided a stamp on Form 1A and he took Rs. 10.
    Went to the 1st floor of the building (above the parking).
    The concerned authority person came at 11.15.
    Gave her the form. She checked visa and driving license and ticked on the form.
    Then I went to another authority person and made an entry like Name, Address, contact number and signed the register.
    Then he told me to pay the fees at counter 25 which is on the other side (same building facing the mumbai-pune road).
    Got the receipt (challan) and then went back to the same officer where I updated the register. Submitted him the form bundle.
    That's it! you get the IDP the same day or the next day.
    All the best!
    Thanks for the useful resource this website is offering!
    Please note: I do not in anyway claim or take responsibility of the time involved in this activity or that the procedure should be exact for other states. Also in my opinion making the agents work is not always beneficial but also I do not say that you should never use their help. Request Admin to create a separate IDP thread where people could share their experience from other states.
    Last edited by mail2pradeepc; 05-30-2012, 05:34 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X