Year in France for American with EU spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year in France for American with EU spouse

Hi. I am confused, with conflicting info everywhere. I live in the USA and I have an EU passport, I am a British citizen born in France. I have two children with British passports too and a wife with only an American passport. We want to go for 10 months to stay with my father in France for the kids to learn French. We have no need to work while there. I had given up as I thought we'd need to apply for the long stay visa which can take 2 months and is apparently often sent back for more information, etc. and we would want to leave in around two months. So we thought we'd just change our plans and do 3 months. But now I read in some places that we might not need to do this. That we could just go and apply for a Titre de Sejour for my wife when we got there. Does anyone know the correct information? Or the best bet for our situation to allow us to go with my American wife and spend 10 months there? And if this Titre de Sejour scenario is true, how long does it take to get it once we arrive? Thanks for any info.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X