Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default VISA Help bringing girl friend over from philippines

    Looking for some help in deciding and applying for a visa to bring my girlfriend over to the US. I don't think I can get a fiancee visa as my year long divorce is still going on. I thought of a tourist visa, work visa, or even student visa. I work for a small mortgage company and know my broker will assist me in this should I need any employer sponsorship. I could employ her in just about any job function here. I am also trying get a business license with her in the philippines to setup a small office there to outsource some of our work. Not sure if that would help her on a tourist or business visa by saying she will need to do some training and meetings here in the USA. She is currently going back to high school in the philippines at the age of 24 and in her last year and is expected to complete this March. So these are the variables, can someone help me figure out the best and quickest route to get her over here in the USA.


  2. #2



    You are right about not obtaining a fiancee visa while your divorce is pending. You have to be officially divorced before you can submit the petition. One of the documents required is a copy of your divorce decree.

    I am not familiar with other types of visas in the case of the Philippines. Note that many consider the Philippines as a high-fraud country, so any visa application will be closely scrutinized. It is not uncommon for tourist visa applications to be denied if the applicant does not have strong, reliable proof that he/she will return before the visa expires. You can try the business visa route if you believe that is the surest way to bring your girlfriend over. Remember, though, that your girlfriend must return home at the end of that visa.

    You can also choose to marry her while she is in the United States on a business visa. After marriage, she will have to file for Adjustment of Status so she can become a lawful permanent resident.

    There is no quickest route btw. Any visa application will take a fair amount of time, and the length varies from person to person. Be prepared to wait and be very patient.

    Good luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts