Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor travelling with New US passport and old OCI - urgent

Hi,

We are travelling to India in Aug 1st week for 3 weeks. All are US citizens (parents Naturalized & kids US born) with OCI card. My minor son's US passport is going to expire in Jan 2013. So I am going to apply for new passport for him. The OCI card have the details of old passport. There is no time to renew the OCI card. Do I need to renew the OCI before my trip or is it OK to travel with the old and new passport & OCI? Whether I need to get a visitor Visa?

Please help me out with all the options I have. My consulate is Houston and I live in Dallas.

Old passport + OCI is good enough. No need to get it updated for the new passport.

Comment

Originally posted by milli View Post
      Old passport + OCI is good enough. No need to get it updated for the new passport.
      Whether the US Security Dept check the new passport that it has a Visa sticker while we departing?

Comment

Originally posted by sunilv View Post
        Whether the US Security Dept check the new passport that it has a Visa sticker while we departing?
        Here is your situation.

Your son has an OCI card. His US passport (going to expire) contains the 'U' Visa sticker (this is a life long visa). Now you are going to apply for a new US passport.

At the time of outbound travel you will present your son's new passport, his old passport with the 'U' Visa sticker and OCI card (if asked for) at the airline check-in counter. That will be all that is required. No other checks are made on outbound passengers (no such thing as a US Security Dept.).

To avoid the hassel of carrying the expired US passport evertime, WHEN YOU HAVE TIME , get the 'U' Visa sticker transferred to the new US passport. This is a miscellaneous service.

Comment

Like the previous post mentioned, you are good as long as you carry the old passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X