Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Selected in the H1B Lottery

Hi All;

I got Selected in the H1B Lottery conducted on 10th April, 2014 and Got my Receipt Number on Last Friday. I guess mine was processed in Regular.

Kindly let me know, what are the further steps in it and How long it will take from here.

Also, I understand from my Friends, If my Documents are Original and there are No ****s, then for Sure I will be getting my Visa. Please Clarify.

Also Clarify me on, whether my Dependent (for whom I had requested for H4) also will have the Face to Face on the same Date of Myself.

Regards;
    Anandh

Originally posted by anandhapm View Post
    Hi All;

I got Selected in the H1B Lottery conducted on 10th April, 2014 and Got my Receipt Number on Last Friday. I guess mine was processed in Regular.

Kindly let me know, what are the further steps in it and How long it will take from here.

Also, I understand from my Friends, If my Documents are Original and there are No ****s, then for Sure I will be getting my Visa. Please Clarify.

Also Clarify me on, whether my Dependent (for whom I had requested for H4) also will have the Face to Face on the same Date of Myself.

Regards;
    Anandh
    Congrats!!!! I am assuming you are outside US.

H1 Start date can only be 01-Oct-2014 or later. So Wait for the official approval notice I797 from the employer (USCIS will send this to your employer's attorney if everything is fine). Once you get that you can go ahead fill the DS-160 online and schedule the H1 Visa interview appointment for self an H4 Visa interview for your dependents on the same day.

Visa interview can at max be 60 Days before start date so towards August 1st Week (if you get the approval notice from your employer). Take all the documentation with you. Once you get the visa stamped you can travel earliest 10 Days before Start that is , 20-Sep-2014. But you can start working only from 01-Oct-2014 or later (as per I797).

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Congrats!!!! I am assuming you are outside US.

H1 Start date can only be 01-Oct-2014 or later. So Wait for the official approval notice I797 from the employer (USCIS will send this to your employer's attorney if everything is fine). Once you get that you can go ahead fill the DS-160 online and schedule the H1 Visa interview appointment for self an H4 Visa interview for your dependents on the same day.

Visa interview can at max be 60 Days before start date so towards August 1st Week (if you get the approval notice from your employer). Take all the documentation with you. Once you get the visa stamped you can travel earliest 10 Days before Start that is , 20-Sep-2014. But you can start working only from 01-Oct-2014 or later (as per I797).

Thanks for the Reply Raghvi.

Could you please let me know, how long it will take for the USCIS to complete their Initial Review. As I noticed that my Pettition is in that state.

Comment

Originally posted by anandhapm View Post
        Thanks for the Reply Raghvi.

Could you please let me know, how long it will take for the USCIS to complete their Initial Review. As I noticed that my Pettition is in that state.
        Normal processing 1-3 Months if no RFE.

Premium processing 2-4 Weeks if no RFE.

Comment

My H1-2015 petition is also in Initial Review state.I have the I-797 scanned copy with me.My petition was filed under Regular Processing.Can it be changed to Premium Processing now? Also, if the petition gets approved - then will the receipt no. and approved petition be enough to transfer H1 to another firm rite now? If true, will only receipt no. be enough for the other employer to file for H1 transfer?

Comment

Yes to all the questions.

Comment

In regards to my case for 2015 H1B

Hi All,

I have applied for H1B for case-type "I129 petition for non-immigrant worker" in 2015 CAP. I have received the I-797 from my sponsor. Looks like he applied in regular processing.

My case was in RFC status until 1st week of Sep'14 and on 10th Sep'14 my attorney replied INS with all necessary documents. Right now my application is still under "Request for Evidence Response Review" status.

Can someone suggest me , normally how-long it will take before i gets there final decision from INS or Attorney?

Thanks in advance

//BR
              Anshul

Comment

Originally posted by aryaanshul View Post
                Hi All,

I have applied for H1B for case-type "I129 petition for non-immigrant worker" in 2015 CAP. I have received the I-797 from my sponsor. Looks like he applied in regular processing.

My case was in RFC status until 1st week of Sep'14 and on 10th Sep'14 my attorney replied INS with all necessary documents. Right now my application is still under "Request for Evidence Response Review" status.

Can someone suggest me , normally how-long it will take before i gets there final decision from INS or Attorney?

Thanks in advance

//BR
                Anshul
                Your statements are confusing. If you received I797 that means the petition was approved, does the I797 on top not say "Approval Notice"? Then where is the question of application still being in "Request For Evidence" status?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
                  Your statements are confusing. If you received I797 that means the petition was approved, does the I797 on top not say "Approval Notice"? Then where is the question of application still being in "Request For Evidence" status?

Hi There,

On top it's stated that I-797C Notice of Action. It's also saying like " This notice doesn't grant any immigration status or benefits ".

I hope this information helps.

Thanks
                  Last edited by aryaanshul; 10-20-2014, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Hi There,

On top it's stated that I-797C Notice of Action. It's also saying like " This notice doesn't grant any immigration status or benefits ".

I hope this information helps.

Thanks
                    What is mentioned against Notice Type?
                    4th Row, 2nd Col

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh18 View Post
                      What is mentioned against Notice Type?
                      4th Row, 2nd Col
                      It's saying " Receipt Notice" ...

Comment

It's saying " Receipt Notice" ...
                        It is still under review, once approved you will get an I797 as Approval Notice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X