X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card issue

Default Greencard issue
    Hello,

My US Green-card status is pending (application date 2003) for a long time. Expected issuance of GC is end of 2015 tentative. Now I have to visit US in near future & cannot wait till Green card approval which I am expecting by December end.

Can anyone guide me What is the best way to visit USA as I understood we have following options

1.H-1 B - work visa, I have sponsor who will sponsor me.
    2.L-1 - My USA org has Blanket Visa approval and asked me to file in L1 visa at Chennai.
    3. B-1 - Business Visa.
    4.B-2 - Tourist Visa.

In my case I have already renewed H-1B visa two times with working span of 9 years.

My present H-1B status is expired in September 2012 & further it was not renewed.

As on date my status is Greencard application pending.

Originally posted by Raju Bhutada View Post
    Default Greencard issue
    Hello,

My US Green-card status is pending (application date 2003) for a long time. Expected issuance of GC is end of 2015 tentative. Now I have to visit US in near future & cannot wait till Green card approval which I am expecting by December end.

Can anyone guide me What is the best way to visit USA as I understood we have following options

1.H-1 B - work visa, I have sponsor who will sponsor me.
    2.L-1 - My USA org has Blanket Visa approval and asked me to file in L1 visa at Chennai.
    3. B-1 - Business Visa.
    4.B-2 - Tourist Visa.

In my case I have already renewed H-1B visa two times with working span of 9 years.

My present H-1B status is expired in September 2012 & further it was not renewed.

As on date my status is Greencard application pending.
    Is your GC employment based or Family Based? What is the country of birth? At what stage GC is at - means I140 approved/i130 approved etc? What is the purpose of US visit?

1. H1B - When were you last on H1? How much time is remaining on the H1? If you were in US in last 6 Years and time is still remaining then you can potentially ether apply for H1 extension based on I140 approval. If no time remaining then you got to apply for fresh H1 which is not possible before April 2015, and even if approved, he earliest you can travel is End of September 2015.
    2. Yes it is possible if you have worked for current employer for at least 1 Year outside US.
    3&4. It is not going to be easy getting a B1/B2 with a pending immigrant petition and you cannot work on B1/B2.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

My Green card is employment based.My H-1 is not remaining(September 2012).
      So,the best choice will be to go for L-1?are their any more questions?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X