Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many H1B transfers allowed while staying in approved extensions

Hi,

I am staying in approved extension currently. My H1B of 6years completes some time in 2017. My question now is can I go to a company B on H1-B transfer. Once the transfer is initiated, if I want move to employer C again a H1-B transfer is required. Now my equations are,

1) Can I do that.
    2) What is the risk.
    3) How early can I apply for H1-B transfer with Company C?. Is it in parallel with B's transfer or only after getting the approval of Company B's transfer.
    4) What if the Employer A, cancel my H1B in any of these steps. Please note that I don't have a valid VISA and staying currently on approved extension.
    What is 'Bridged' transfer. Does my situation come under that?.

Kindly please answer to the above questions.

Thanks.

1) Can I do that.
    >>> Yes

2) What is the risk.
    >>> No risk as long as you join the employer only after receiving the H1B approval and not using the receipt notice.

3) How early can I apply for H1-B transfer with Company C?. Is it in parallel with B's transfer or only after getting the approval of Company B's transfer.
    >>> If you keep working with A, then two transfers (one with B and one with C) can be filed at the same time. If you begin working for B and initiate a transfer to C before B's petition gets approved, then it will be a bridge petition. Search and read about bridging.

4) What if the Employer A, cancel my H1B in any of these steps. Please note that I don't have a valid VISA and staying currently on approved extension.
    >>> If the transfer is filed before the last working day with employer A, then you are good. If you get terminated before your transfer with B or C gets through, then you can join either of these employers using their receipt notice (assuming both the transfer are filed while you were working for A).

What is 'Bridged' transfer.
    >>> There is enough posts that talks about it. Search and read.

Does my situation come under that?
    >>> Not if both the transfers are filed while you are working for A.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X