Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last date to convert PIO to OCI extended to 30.06.2016

Thank you for this info.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

I told it already! believe or not, after will be announce PIO is valid for life. i am strong recommend foreign spouse PIO card holder do not convert to OCI because is going to take forever, just keep your PIO card.

Comment

Is this official ? I am unable to open this link.

Comment

Originally posted by May2016 View Post
          yes it is official. believe or not I believe is gonna extend again

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
            I told it already! believe or not, after will be announce PIO is valid for life. i am strong recommend foreign spouse PIO card holder do not convert to OCI because is going to take forever, just keep your PIO card.
            Yes I can understand because this is not being treated like a conversion or merger, but more like a fresh application. Many of us have PIO because we were for one reason or another unable to get an OCI. I for example could not find my late father’s Indian passport details, and the embassy insisted on details of both parents. If the requirements for OCI are not relaxed for PIO holders, we will simply not be able to upgrade the PIO to an OCI.

I have two questions if I may:

1) If a PIO holder does not apply for an OCI what will happen to his/her PIO, will the PIO be invalidated?
            2) If not, will it remain valid until its expiry date?

I know there are no guarantees in life but should a PIO holder be worried?

Comment

Originally posted by May2016 View Post
              I found this information on the CKGS, it may or may not be of help to you. This is the link https://www.in.ckgs.us/faq

New Visa / PIO Announcements from Prime Minister, Narendra Modi
              Q.1. New Visa / PIO Announcements from Prime Minister, Narendra Modi
              New Tourist Visa norms for US nationals:

With effect from 15th April 2015, the single category of Tourist Visa available to be applied by a US national will be a 10 year, multiple entries Tourist Visa, with a fee of US$ 100 (exclusive of ICWF & CKGS service charges). The actual duration of the visa will be at the discretion of the Embassy / Consulate.

Important Notice for PIO Scheme:

PIO Card scheme has been withdrawn vide Gazette Notification No.25024/9/2014F.I dated 09 January 2015. Applicants may apply for an OCI card ONLY.

31st December 2016 will be the last day to apply for OCI card in lieu of PIO card.

Apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card - All PIO card holders are strongly encouraged to apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card.
              Name Change / Nationality Change on PIO card - Name Change / Nationality Changes are not permitted on PIO card. PIO card holder will have to apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card.
              Apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card (Loss PIO card) - PIO card holder will have to apply for OCI in Lieu of PIO card.
              All the above applications must be submitted at the CKGS Application Center concerned within the Consular jurisdiction of his/her place of residence.
              As soon as additional information is received from the Embassy, it will be updated on our website.
              At this time, CKGS does not have any information on rules post 31st December 2016.

The above rules shall apply until further notification is received from the Embassy.

Please visit the OCI section on our website http://www.in.ckgs.us/oci/index.shtml for more info.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X