Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family Applying for B2 Visa at New delhi consulate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Applying for B2 Visa at New delhi consulate.

Hello,

My Parents and Myself are appearing for a B2 visa interview next week at New Delhi consulate.

I would like to take your suggestions and tips regarding the interview and regarding the documents we should take.

The Case is as follows:-

Myself- Pursuing computer science and engineering at a University (18 years age)

Father- Retired from Government Job, Gets pension and has some income from Properties and Fixed deposits. (Age 60+)

Mother- Housewife, Has property on her name, has Fixed deposits etc. (Age around 60)

Please let me know your suggestions on what documents we should take to the interview and what questions we'll be asked.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention,

I have two elder sisters with permanent jobs.

Please let me know what questions can be asked in the interview and what documents should we take.

What is the purpose of your visit? Questions are dependent on the reason.

See if this helps: https://www.immihelp.com/us-visitors...tions-answers/
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Interviewing officers are more interested in ties that force an applicant to return to their home country.
      Straightforward answers to visa officer questions are more important than a stack of documents, which are rarely looked at during the 2-3 minutes at the window.

Comment

B2 Visa for my Sister

Hi,
        My sister is going for B2 visa in two weeks time. Can you please suggest, if I-134 is required? We are sponsoring the tickets and her stay in USA. She would be here for two months.

Now due to new customs n regulations, speed post is not delivered to her, unless she uploads three identification. One package of document is held in Indian post office. Let me know others are also facing similar situations. I have sent the documents via emails just in case.

Thanks
        SMD

Comment

Originally posted by SMD View Post
          Hi,
          My sister is going for B2 visa in two weeks time. Can you please suggest, if I-134 is required? We are sponsoring the tickets and her stay in USA. She would be here for two months.

Now due to new customs n regulations, speed post is not delivered to her, unless she uploads three identification. One package of document is held in Indian post office. Let me know others are also facing similar situations. I have sent the documents via emails just in case.

Thanks
          SMD
          I-134 is not legally bound on you to pay for their visit, hence affidavit of support won't help much. She need to provide a real reason for the visit & assurance that she will come back.

What is your question? can you please be more specific.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Visitor Visa to USA

I have applied DS-160 on my sister's behalf. she is coming to USA alone, leaving her husband back in India. I know she has to prove that she would get back to India.
            Earlier, we used to submit I-134 with all the sponsor documents. It looks like now it is not required. I just wanted someone who recently went to the visa interview confirm that I-134 and support document is not required. I am sponsoring her trip. Please let me know if she is missing any other documents: She has following documents:
            1.Interview/Appointment confirmation
            2.Photo
            3.Invitation letter from me
            4.her passport
            5.Tentative travel plan
            6.DS-160
            7.Visa fee payment confirmation

Comment

Earlier, we used to submit I-134 with all the sponsor documents. It looks like now it is not required. I just wanted someone who recently went to the visa interview confirm that I-134 and support document is not required. I am sponsoring her trip.
              I-134 was never a required document. It just solves the purpose to prove a genuine reason for the visit.

Though other documents may not be asked, but she need to be ready with documents like property papers, bank statements, IT returns, reason for husband/kid(s) not accompanying her.

Comment

1.Interview/Appointment confirmation
                2.Photo
                3.Invitation letter from me
                4.her passport
                5.Tentative travel plan
                6.DS-160
                7.Visa fee payment confirmation
                And not a single document that shows her ties to home..? VOs want to know what ensures an applicant boards the flight home. Invitation letters mean squat (to a VO).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X