Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Case Approved

Hello,

I checked my Case Status Online here: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

First It showed "We approved your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan."

But no letter I received yet, and

After, I checked again online and it showed "We sent your case, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing."

But still no letter I received. How long it takes to receive the letter? Should we follow the online instructions for further procedure or should we wait for the letter?

Also please let me know is my case under National Visa Center (NVC) ?

What will be the next step?

Just wait for the exact letter on your mail, so that you will have your case number, and i think the next letter that they will send you is the letter for the payment for the visa. For me, i dont trust the online status because sometimes it's not like accurate. Just in my opinion

Originally posted by abdulbari View Post
    hello,

i checked my case status online here: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

first it showed "we approved your form i-130, immigrant petition for relative, fiance(e), or orphan."

but no letter i received yet, and

after, i checked again online and it showed "we sent your case, to the department of state for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on consular processing."

but still no letter i received. How long it takes to receive the letter? Should we follow the online instructions for further procedure or should we wait for the letter?

Also please let me know is my case under national visa center (nvc) ?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by Daneeey0214 View Post
      Just wait for the exact letter on your mail, so that you will have your case number, and i think the next letter that they will send you is the letter for the payment for the visa. For me, i dont trust the online status because sometimes it's not like accurate. Just in my opinion
      Thanks for the reply.

I have received the letter 5 days back. It says to wait for next 30 days till we don't receive the next letter from NVC. After 30 days if we still did not receive any letter then we can call NVC.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have received the letter 5 days back. It says to wait for next 30 days till we don't receive the next letter from NVC. After 30 days if we still did not receive any letter then we can call NVC.
        Depending on which NVC that they sent your stuff to, can vary the time. Texas takes a long time. After 5 months our stuff was shipped to New Hampshire. We had to wait 5 months and then call. After that it was another 30 days. Next was doing all the paper work and payment for the Affidavit of support.

My son and his wife along with my help, they did it all themselves. Started back in July of 2015 and yesterday she was to the Consulate in Rio and got approval. Yippee! It is a long process, but the one thing we learned or should I say did well is have all the paperwork they needed. The Consulate yesterday denied a lot people due to the fact they did not have all their paperwork or lied about something. My daughter in law made sure she had everything, had it labeled and very professional, plus; had more than she needed to make sure. The consulate could not believe how she had everything so well put together and that she did not have a lawyer.

She said afterwards she could see why so many people get denied. They don't use common sense and educate themselves and make sure they have all their paperwork, even stuff where people where in the States illegally before. If they had the paper work and did not lie, they could get visas to come and live. So be honest and be sure you fill all paperwork out properly and have everything you need to present when you go to the interview. Good luck, hang in there, it has been about a year for us so it does take a long time.

Comment

reply for the next step

Hello;

I'm following the same process as yours, after 30 days you can contact the nvc through [email protected] and send them your receipt number on object and the beneficiary name and date of birth +
          the Applicantand date of birht in the message body, then they will email you buy the next steps, good luck

Hello,

I checked my Case Status Online here: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

First It showed "We approved your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan."

After, I checked again online and it showed "We sent your case, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing."

But still no letter I received. How long it takes to receive the letter? Should we follow the online instructions for further procedure or should we wait for the letter?

Comment

Form i -130

I have the same issue my case is showing approved but i have gotten d letter asking me to wait for 30days . Please how long does the process takes?

Comment

Hello,

call nvc in about two weeks from your case approval date and ask for your NVC case number . if they dont have it , call back again in two to three days it takes only 2 weeks to get your NVC case number and Invoice ID to pay the fees . my case was approved on 2 nd august but they recived my case on aug 16 th . I got my NVC case number on 8 th of september . I paid my fees on 9th because of friday it did not showed paid till tuesday morning it usally takes only two business days . Once it shows paid you can proceed further

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X