FIX FOR CASE STATUS NOT UPDATING - read if you are waiting for updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIX FOR CASE STATUS NOT UPDATING - read if you are waiting for updates

I recently received my Green Card and was surprised that the online status on the Case Status page (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do) never changed and that I didn't receive any email or text notification.

Today I discovered a way to create a seperate myUSCIS account with a lot more information on all my cases reflecting every single step from the interview to the shipment of the Green Card.

Just register for a free account here: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and select "Add a paper-filed case" after setting up your account.

Now enter your receipt numbers, e.g. MSC1234567890 and see a much more detailed case status. This should be especially handy for people waiting for their approval or the green card after the interview.

This account will also allow you to eventually extend your green card via form I-90 after 10 years (if it's already unconditional) or to file for Naturalization after 3 year minus 90 days if your green card is based on marriage and if you are married for at least 3 years.
    Last edited by absolutegame; 03-10-2018, 04:55 PM.

Good find

Comment

Originally posted by absolutegame View Post
      I recently received my Green Card and was surprised that the online status on the Case Status page (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do) never changed and that I didn't receive any email or text notification.

Today I discovered a way to create a seperate myUSCIS account with a lot more information on all my cases reflecting every single step from the interview to the shipment of the Green Card.

Just register for a free account here: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and select "Add a paper-filed case" after setting up your account.

Now enter your receipt numbers, e.g. MSC1234567890 and see a much more detailed case status. This should be especially handy for people waiting for their approval or the green card after the interview.

This account will also allow you to eventually extend your green card via form I-90 after 10 years (if it's already unconditional) or to file for Naturalization after 3 year minus 90 days if your green card is based on marriage and if you are married for at least 3 years.

Nice , shows good info.
      JAN 2018 , GREEN CARD RECEIVED

AOS , 7 MONTHS TOTAL PROCESS TIME

Comment

Originally posted by gunit123 View Post
        Nice , shows good info.
        you think I can register even though I have not had the interview notice yet?

"You need to create a new account if you want to:

File an application, petition, or request online
        Access information about your case and you received either a Case Passcode from your attorney or accredited representative or an Account Acceptance Notice from USCIS"

not sure which code they are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mieiva View Post
          you think I can register even though I have not had the interview notice yet?

"You need to create a new account if you want to:

File an application, petition, or request online
          Access information about your case and you received either a Case Passcode from your attorney or accredited representative or an Account Acceptance Notice from USCIS"

not sure which code they are talking about.
          Yes, you can register for an account at any time and you don't need any code for registering an account or adding your cases. This is just an additional option for representatives.

I never received a case passcode or account acceptance notice from USCIS.

Just create a free account (you just need an email address & phone number) and enter your case numbers. It doesn't matter if your interview was scheduled or case approved or not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by absolutegame View Post
            Yes, you can register for an account at any time and you don't need any code for registering an account or adding your cases. This is just an additional option for representatives.

I never received a case passcode or account acceptance notice from USCIS.

Just create a free account (you just need an email address & phone number) and enter your case numbers. It doesn't matter if your interview was scheduled or case approved or not yet.
            Nice!!! ThAnk youuuuu

Comment

thank you!!!

i signed up and entered my I-485 MSC # and to my surprise I got

March 9, 2018

We are producing your card and will mail it to you
              You do not need to do anything at this time
              We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

whereas https://egov.uscis.gov still shows interview scheduled. This is amazing news as I've been waiting over 4 months after interview and just recently reached out to my senator. I wonder if the inquiry with him made this quick status update possible.

i feel like this should be a sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by yaboc View Post
                i signed up and entered my I-485 MSC # and to my surprise I got

March 9, 2018

We are producing your card and will mail it to you
                You do not need to do anything at this time
                We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

whereas https://egov.uscis.gov still shows interview scheduled. This is amazing news as I've been waiting over 4 months after interview and just recently reached out to my senator. I wonder if the inquiry with him made this quick status update possible.

i feel like this should be a sticky.
                That's soooo great to hear! I hope this can be of help for even more members.

Comment

Wow amazing info I am surprised and baffled that they wouldn't just delete the old tracker and direct everyone to this.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang85635 View Post
                    Wow amazing info I am surprised and baffled that they wouldn't just delete the old tracker and direct everyone to this.
                    Yeah or use the same data for the normal case tracker including the email & text notifications. I was so surprised when I could finally see all my updates (even updates from last summer, when my AP got approved).

Comment

Fantastic find! Thank you very much! Just found out that my case has been apprived. Was wondering why my status was not changing from 'Interview is Scheduled' even after the interview.

Comment

Mine doesnt say anything different will keep waiting patiently for something to happen.

Comment

Thank you for sharing! Good to know they are scheduling my interview since Oct 5th 2017......
                          PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
                          11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
                          11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
                          11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
                          09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
                          09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
                          11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Comment

Great tip - thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellymoo View Post
                              Mine doesnt say anything different will keep waiting patiently for something to happen.
                              I hope you can see an update there soon!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mythfiler View Post
                              Fantastic find! Thank you very much! Just found out that my case has been apprived. Was wondering why my status was not changing from 'Interview is Scheduled' even after the interview.
                              Congratulations! When did you initially file?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X