Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B extension denied, applying for F1 VISA to do PhD. Have questions in DS 160 form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension denied, applying for F1 VISA to do PhD. Have questions in DS 160 form

I was in US till Jan 2018 with H1B status, my H1B extension I129 petition was rejected on end of December 2017 and I left US on January 2018. I also happen graduate on Dec 2017 with a masters degree and got admitted to an university to pursue my PhD which I am planning to start from Fall 2018. At present I am in the process of filling DS 160 form and I am concerned about couple of questions in the form.

1. Have you ever been refused a US VISA? - Since my extension petition I129 got rejected by USCIS should I say "Yes" to this question? please help

2. Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a US VISA? - Since my H1B extension petition was denied on Dec 2017 and I left US on Jan 2018 should I assume that my stay between this period is unlawful? If yes should I say ?Yes? to this question? Please let me know the consequences.

In one of your DS160 forum it has been mentioned if I say yes to some of the questions the VISA officer will deny the VISA for sure. Please clarify.

F1 visa for second masters

I have completed my Bachelors in Pharmacy from Mumbai, India in 2011. I worked for 1 year and later went on to study my Masters in Regulatory Affairs from Northeastern University Boston, in June 2013. I have studied and stayed in US from 17th June 2013 to 15 th Aug 2016 in Boston on an F-1 visa including the 12 months OPT. My course started on July 1st 2013 and ended on 27th March 2015 post that I was on OPT. My company had filed my H1b visa and I got a reject on 27th June 2016. In the meantime, I had applied for a course in Project Management at Harrisburg University in Penn for which I got an admit. However, I did not transfer my Sevis within 60 days of OPT end and so had to return to my home country for visa stamping. On return I appeared for visa on 22 nd October 2016 and I got a rejection slip stating potential immigrant after that I never applied for any US visa. I now got an admit from University of New Hampshire for a full time, 12 month on campus Business Administration program for Fall 2018 sem. Is there a way I can get this F-1 visa without being considered as a potential immigrant? What are the steps I need to consider and how should I go about applying for an F1 visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X