Interview today and approved on the spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview today and approved on the spot

Thank you for all of you who keep my in you all prayers for my interview today. I was approved 5 minutes after I left the uscis building. I received the email and text that my GC is being produced. They ask me questions about my wife mother and father names. They ask me how we met, how long we date, joint bank account statements, and a lot of yes and no questions.

PD: January 4th
    Biometrics: January 31st
    Interview and GC approval: May 7th

God did it guys! 🙏🏻 5 months 3 days. Thank you Jesus 😊

Originally posted by Mr.Diaz View Post
    Thank you for all of you who keep my in you all prayers for my interview today. I was approved 5 minutes after I left the uscis building. I received the email and text that my GC is being produced. They ask me questions about my wife mother and father names. They ask me how we met, how long we date, joint bank account statements, and a lot of yes and no questions.

Congratulations. In a very short time span too.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Congratulations!

Congratulations Mr Diaz! I'm sure you're excited! Enjoy your new Status and keep us posted on the Process when it comes time for your to remove conditions [unless of course you were approved for a 10 year GC on the spot :-)] and when you apply to naturalize in either the 3/5 year minus 90 day rule depending on which you choose! Thank Jesus indeed my friend! Best of Luck and enjoy your yourself and breathe easy knowing you're done with the process!
      This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Congrats! What state did you apply from?

Comment

yaaayyy

congratulations!!!! all the best for you

we have ours on friday!! praying for a good possitive outcome as well!!

Comment

Question.

Congratulationssss!!!!

I have a couple questions.
            What documents did your bring as evidence ?
            What questions were asked ?

Comment

Feeling happy

Thank God for you success

Comment

Mr.Diaz! Congratulations! A dreamer dreamed and GOT the dream. This is awesome. Sir, would you please share more about your experience at the Raleigh Field Office? (I think I am headed that way.)

All the best!

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                  Mr.Diaz! Congratulations! A dreamer dreamed and GOT the dream. This is awesome. Sir, would you please share more about your experience at the Raleigh Field Office? (I think I am headed that way.)

All the best!
                  Hey Mr. UScitizenFillingforspouse,

My experience was a very good one. First when I got there I check in and then 45 minutes later the officer called my wife, my lawyer, and I to conduct the interview. I was praying the whole time I was in the waiting area. My lawyer was behind us the whole time and he did not said a word.

The officer start by asking my wife my name, date of birth, and country of birth. Then he asked me the same questions about her. He asked me to tell him the names of my wife?s parents. He was looking over my forms and asking me yes an no questions. He asked us how many times we being married. That was all he asked.

When he was done asking questions, he asked us what did we bring to show him

Raleigh, NC

This is what we gave him:
                  1. Joint Bank Statements (BoA, SECU, CreditUnion, Credit Card)
                  2. Car Title with our names
                  3. Life Insurance including 401K
                  4. Utilities Bills showing both names (Verizon, Electric, Internet, Water)
                  5. Auto Insurance showing both names
                  6. Furniture we bought together
                  7. Tax Return (2017)
                  8. Lots of Pics
                  9. Letter from Dr that wife is pregnant
                  10. Affidavits
                  11. Upcoming Trip (plane tickets, hotel, and car rental)
                  12. More miscellaneous stuff with both of our names

The officer was looking closely at the documents for about 10 mins. He told us he was going to look over then and that we was going to hear back from him before 45 days. He asked us if we have any questions for him and we said no. He dismissed us!

I was still in the parking lot when I received texts/emails that my case was approved and that my card was going to be produced and mail to me. I was nervous when I was there the whole time. What I learned from this experience is to be honest and everything will be ok. He asked me about if I ever work before without government permission and I said yes. He asked me how I got here the first time and I told him I my parents crossed the border illegally.

For everyone who still waiting just hang in there! Your time is coming! Be yourself and do not lie. I would recommend everyone to pray before going to the interview and God will take the wheel.

Thank you guys! I am now ready to serve my country armed forces and take care of my first baby (due Dec 25th) and become a US citizen soon. God Bless you all!

Comment

Hey Mr. UScitizenFillingforspouse,

My experience was a very good one. First when I got there I check in and then 45 minutes later the officer called my wife, my lawyer, and I to conduct the interview. I was praying the whole time I was in the waiting area. My lawyer was behind us the whole time and he did not said a word.

The officer start by asking my wife my name, date of birth, and country of birth. Then he asked me the same questions about her. He asked me to tell him the names of my wife?s parents. He was looking over my forms and asking me yes an no questions. He asked us how many times we being married. That was all he asked.

When he was done asking questions, he asked us what did we bring to show him

Raleigh, NC

This is what we gave him:
                    1. Joint Bank Statements (BoA, SECU, CreditUnion, Credit Card)
                    2. Car Title with our names
                    3. Life Insurance including 401K
                    4. Utilities Bills showing both names (Verizon, Electric, Internet, Water)
                    5. Auto Insurance showing both names
                    6. Furniture we bought together
                    7. Tax Return (2017)
                    8. Lots of Pics
                    9. Letter from Dr that wife is pregnant
                    10. Affidavits
                    11. Upcoming Trip (plane tickets, hotel, and car rental)
                    12. More miscellaneous stuff with both of our names

The officer was looking closely at the documents for about 10 mins. He told us he was going to look over then and that we was going to hear back from him before 45 days. He asked us if we have any questions for him and we said no. He dismissed us!

I was still in the parking lot when I received texts/emails that my case was approved and that my card was going to be produced and mail to me. I was nervous when I was there the whole time. What I learned from this experience is to be honest and everything will be ok. He asked me about if I ever work before without government permission and I said yes. He asked me how I got here the first time and I told him I my parents crossed the border illegally.

For everyone who still waiting just hang in there! Your time is coming! Be yourself and do not lie. I would recommend everyone to pray before going to the interview and God will take the wheel.

Thank you guys! I am now ready to serve my country armed forces and take care of my first baby (due Dec 25th) and become a US citizen soon. God Bless you all!
                    Good things happen to good people! Thank you for sharing. It's awesome the ISO said 45 days and 5 minutes after leaving you got approved. Blessings! You'll be a citizen after 180 days of service. Have you decided on a branch?
                    Incredible. Thumbs up!

Comment

Got GC today

Just a quick update I got my GC today. January 4th was my PD and today I got my green card. For those of you who are still waiting, please stay calm! I know the waiting is crazy, but there is nothing else to do and the best thing yall can do is keep yourself busy. I am a 29 year old male who grew up in NC who could not join the armed forces because I was undocumented. Now, thank God I am preparing myself to join the Army and my wife is super duper excited for us. I just cannot thank God enough for giving me all these blessings at the same time (baby, GC, new home, and a good wife.) It feels so good to have this new status now 😊 I literally cannot stop staring at my GC 😂

May the Good Lord Bless you All 🙏🏻 Yalls turn is coming!

Comment

Just a quick update I got my GC today. January 4th was my PD and today I got my green card. For those of you who are still waiting, please stay calm! I know the waiting is crazy, but there is nothing else to do and the best thing yall can do is keep yourself busy. I am a 29 year old male who grew up in NC who could not join the armed forces because I was undocumented. Now, thank God I am preparing myself to join the Army and my wife is super duper excited for us. I just cannot thank God enough for giving me all these blessings at the same time (baby, GC, new home, and a good wife.) It feels so good to have this new status now 😊 I literally cannot stop staring at my GC 😂

You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength! He had done great things!! Thank you for the encouragement!
                        Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                        Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                        Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                        Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                        Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                        Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                        EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                        EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                        SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                        GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                        Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                        I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                        GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

God did it guys! ���� 5 months 3 days. Thank you Jesus ��
                          Congratulations!!
                          Can you share, if you dont mind) what your office was please?

EDIT
                          Sorry, I read your post on the same.
                          Though, hearty congratulations!
                          Last edited by jazzya; 05-11-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Congrats!!!! What all did you take with you to the interview?
                            PD - 2/20/18
                            Filed I-130, I-765 and I-485 Concurrently
                            Family Based - Married to USC

2/20/18 - Paperwork received by USCIS
                            3/20/18 - Biometrics completed
                            5/9/18 - Received EAD
                            5/12/18 - Received Social Security card
                            5/21/18 - I-131 (AP) received by USCIS
                            9/21/18 - AP approved

Comment

Interview done and approved on the spot

Hi guys, I just want to share my experience since this forum really helped me a lot throughout our application.

Marriage based concurrent filing I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131
                              I also submitted my sealed medical I-693 and affidavit of support I-864

Priority date: January 29,2018
                              Biometrics letter received: February 12,2018
                              Biometrics: February 29,2018
                              Interview letter received: April 17,2018
                              Interview date: May 21,2018
                              Los Angeles, CA

My USCIS cases online never changed from fingerprint fee received. It only changed today when my application was approved.

I brought with me a copy of the I 130 and I 485 and all the supporting documents we gave with the application. I also have an album of our pictures, some greeting cards our friends and families gave us on our wedding day, bank statement of our joint account for 2 months, our Costco membership and our apartment lease with both our names.

The IO (immigration officer) asked me and my husband to sit after the oath to tell the truth...

First thing she asked for was the proof of our cohabitation, I gave her the bank account which she briefly scanned page to page, our lease agreement with both our names, Costco membership, the affidavit of third party from my uncle, I gave her our pictures and she only looked at one which was our wedding day but she asked us if it?s ok for her to keep the rest of the pictures and of course I said ok, she also read through the wedding greeting cards our friends and family gave us.

Questions:
                              How did you meet and when?
                              When did you start dating?
                              Who proposed?
                              What made you decide to get married? (IO asked my husband who is the USC)
                              How did you propose?
                              Did you meet each other?s family?
                              Do you have families here?
                              How many times have you been married? Any kids?
                              Tell me something about your wedding day
                              What?s your spouses birthday?
                              Are you living in the same house? Who?s living with you?

And the rest are yes or no questions we answered from our I-485, like have you ever been arrested? Have you ever been in legal proceedings?

Then she said just give her a little time to check her system. And she made casual conversations like how was the traffic going here and did you have difficulty in parking,etc. After that she told us that our application was approved and asked us to wait in the waiting room for her. While waiting, I got the email from USCIS and my USCIS status online finally changed from fingerprint fee received to a new card is being produced. After a few minutes, she handed us a letter saying that our application was approved and to wait for the green card in the mail.

We are so happy and feel so blessed with the whole experience. We waited less than 4 months from the time we got the priority date to the interview day.

I hope that my experience helped you guys as much as the other people in this forum helped me. God bless us all and good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X