6/19/18 OKC AOS FB Interview Approved On Spot Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/19/18 OKC AOS FB Interview Approved On Spot Marriage

There wasn't a lot of OKC interview experience shared on this forum. Hopefully my sharing could be helpful for someone. This AOS is based on marrying a USC.

Timeline
    10/10/17 RD
    4/2/18 RFE letter received
    4/26/18 USCIS update: RRFE received
    5/1/18 Infopass: 765 has no update after almost 7 mths
    5/3/18 765 new card is being produced
    5/9/18 485 ready to schedule for interview
    5/10/18 combo received through priority mail, no signature needed
    5/18/18 received interview notice in letter (very surprised, took a while for this to sink in, since no update online about interview scheduled)
    6/19/18 Interview, Approved on Spot, New Card is Being Produced within half an hour of leaving the immigration building

Interview
    Abstract: OKC local office, took around half an hour, most of the time was taken going through standard procedure; wasn't asked a lot of questions, barely requested any document.

The officer first asked for my husband's (USC) driver license, and my driver license, EAD, passport. He then took the I-94, returned my passport and EAD to me, kept both driver license on his side of the table. Then took my photo and fingerprints. Then confirmed names and addresses, all standard procedure.

Actual interview:
    Tell me your love story and give me a brief timeline. - here he wasn't expecting anything super clear and exact, just a brief timeline.
    What's your plan for the future?
    What do you like to do together? - The officer was super friendly when asking this question. I've mentioned before that I'm very enthusiastic about a seasonal sport, the officer brought up the sport and asked if my husband likes it too. It was a perfect opportunity for me to show him the pictures of us doing that sport earlier this year.

Then the officer went through all the Yes/No questions. - He had to stop and drink water a couple times, it's not easy being an immigration officer!

Then we moved on to 864. He first asked about our 2017 tax filed. I told him we submitted that in RFE response, but I do have another copy with me in case he needs it. The officer looked into the case file and found the document, didn't take the extra one I prepared. Then he confirmed the identity of sponsor, and that was it for 864. I even asked if he'd like to see my husband's new job offer, which pays better than his last one. The officer said he didn't need to, all he needed to see is federal tax document from last year.

Then the officer took the photos I brought out during the interview, along with ******** chat history between me and my husband which shows important communication dates. After those were added into the case file, he told us: "It's going to be approved." Then he explained things I should do after getting the GC (which is super helpful), and gave me a 751 instruction. And he walked us out. -we didn't get the piece of notice mentioning no inquiry for 120 day at all.

After we stepped out for about half an hour, online status says "Card Is Being Produced."

Advice & Experience
    As long as you are having a real marriage, there is nothing to worry about. Prepare documents that can represent your relationship as much as you can, and be comfortable with it. It doesn't matter if the documents are not asked for - actually most of the evidence that I prepared are not asked for - it is for yourself to have the peace of mind, knowing whatever the officer might ask, you are ready to show him that there's nothing for him to attack.
    Relax, relax, relax, couldn't address this more. When our interview first started, even though the officer is polite and professional, we can sense that he is the absolute alpha and can get on top of us any minute. However as the interview proceed, he realized my husband and I were so relaxed, so he became relaxed as well. It turned out to be a very friendly interview, just like talking to a friend, we know that he's trying to pick up small things but at the same time he is super understanding of our situation.

Hope this helps, good luck to all!
    Last edited by Melody L.R.; 06-21-2018, 03:01 PM.

Congratulations! We are waiting for our Green Card arrival too. Best of luck to you and your husband.
    City applied from: Los Angeles, CA
    3/08/18 - PD (Chicago lockbox)
    3/28/18 - USCIS cashed checks
    3/29/18 - 4 texts and 4 emails
    4/02/18 - 4 NOA letters
    4/06/18 - Biometrics Notice
    4/16/18 - Biometrics Completed
    4/16/18 - I-693 courtesy letter
    4/23/18 - 'interview ready to be scheduled'
    5/12/18 - revcd I-797C informing interview date
    6/15/18 - Interview (approved on the spot)
    6/16/18 - Case tracker notified us 'New Card is being Produced'
    6/22/18 - revcd Green Card

Comment

Originally posted by Melody L.R. View Post
      There wasn't a lot of OKC interview experienced shared on this forum. Hopefully my sharing could be helpful for someone. This AOS is based on marrying a USC.

Timeline
      10/10/17 RD
      4/2/18 RFE letter received
      4/26/18 USCIS update: RRFE received
      5/1/18 Infopass: 765 has no update after almost 7 mths
      5/3/18 765 new card is being produced
      5/9/18 485 ready to schedule for interview
      5/10/18 combo received through priority mail, no signature needed
      5/18/18 received interview notice in letter (very surprised, took a while for this to sink in, since no update online about interview scheduled)
      6/19/18 Interview, Approved on Spot, New Card is Being Produced within half an hour of leaving the immigration building

Interview
      Abstract: OKC local office, took around half an hour, most of the time was taken going through standard procedure; wasn't asked a lot of questions, barely requested any document.

The officer first asked for my husband's (USC) driver license, and my driver license, EAD, passport. He then took the I-94, returned my passport and EAD to me, kept both driver license on his side of the table. Then took my photo and fingerprints. Then confirmed names and addresses, all standard procedure.

Actual interview:
      Tell me your love story and give me a brief timeline. - here he wasn't expecting anything super clear and exact, just a brief timeline.
      What's your plan for the future?
      What do you like to do together? - The officer was super friendly when asking this question. I've mentioned before that I'm very enthusiastic about a seasonal sport, the officer brought up the sport and asked if my husband likes it too. It was a perfect opportunity for me to show him the pictures of us doing that sport earlier this year.

Then the officer went through all the Yes/No questions. - He had to stop and drink water a couple times, it's not easy being an immigration officer!

Then we moved on to 864. He first asked about our 2017 tax filed. I told him we submitted that in RFE response, but I do have another copy with me in case he needs it. The officer looked into the case file and found the document, didn't take the extra one I prepared. Then he confirmed the identity of sponsor, and that was it for 864. I even asked if he'd like to see my husband's new job offer, which pays better than his last one. The officer said he didn't need to, all he needed to see is federal tax document from last year.

Then the officer took the photos I brought out during the interview, along with ******** chat history between me and my husband which shows important communication dates. After those were added into the case file, he told us: "It's going to be approved." Then he explained things I should do after getting the GC (which is super helpful), and gave me a 751 instruction. And he walked us out. -we didn't get the piece of notice mentioning no inquiry for 120 day at all.

After we stepped out for about half an hour, online status says "Card Is Being Produced."

Advice & Experience
      As long as you are having a real marriage, there is nothing to worry about. Prepare documents that can represent your relationship as much as you can, and be comfortable with it. It doesn't matter if the documents are not asked for - actually most of the evidence that I prepared are not asked for - it is for yourself to have the peace of mind, knowing whatever the officer might ask, you are ready to show him that there's nothing for him to attack.
      Relax, relax, relax, couldn't address this more. When our interview first started, even though the officer is polite and professional, we can sense that he is the absolute alpha and can get on top of us any minute. However as the interview proceed, he realized my husband and I are so relax, so he became relaxed as well. It turned out to be a very friendly interview, just like talking to a friend, we know that he's trying to pick up small things but at the same time he is super understanding of our situation.

Hope this helps, good luck to all!
      Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am going to add your experience to this thread. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...iew-tips/page4

Question, are you German?(There were a few sentence structures that hinted at that) And are you in science research? (You included an abstract. total giveaway)

Third question is, whether you submitted substantial evidence of bona fide marriage with your AOS package, and brough updated documents to the interview.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Originally posted by sinoptola View Post
        Congratulations! We are waiting for our Green Card arrival too. Best of luck to you and your husband.
        Thank you! Congratulations to you as well. Please let me know when you receive your GC.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am going to add your experience to this thread. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...iew-tips/page4

Question, are you German?(There were a few sentence structures that hinted at that) And are you in science research? (You included an abstract. total giveaway)

Third question is, whether you submitted substantial evidence of bona fide marriage with your AOS package, and brough updated documents to the interview.

All the best,

USCFFS
          Thank you. I have read that thread before going for my interview, you are so helpful to this forum.

I am Chinese, there is no relation to Germany in my family.

You picked up my background correctly. My background is Maths, not in research field, but I guess habits stay with you, especially those good ones, lol.

I prepared a lot of bona fide evidence, including lease, vehicle title, vehicle loan bills, phone bills, utility bills, tickets, etc etc, but the officer didn't ask for any. The officer seem to be quite satisfied after my version of love story timeline. He meant to get my husband's side of story at the beginning, but didn't even bother to ask him after I finished my part. As an immigration officer who professionally deal with multiple couple on day to day basis, it is unlikely that he forgot to ask my husband. It seems that with the picture and fb messages supporting along my story, there's no double check needed as far as the authenticity of our relationship and marriage goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Melody L.R. View Post
            Thank you. I have read that thread before going for my interview, you are so helpful to this forum.

I am Chinese, there is no relation to Germany in my family.

You picked up my background correctly. My background is Maths, not in research field, but I guess habits stay with you, especially those good ones, lol.

I prepared a lot of bona fide evidence, including lease, vehicle title, vehicle loan bills, phone bills, utility bills, tickets, etc etc, but the officer didn't ask for any. The officer seem to be quite satisfied after my version of love story timeline. He meant to get my husband's side of story at the beginning, but didn't even bother to ask him after I finished my part. As an immigration officer who professionally deal with multiple couple on day to day basis, it is unlikely that he forgot to ask my husband. It seems that with the picture and fb messages supporting along my story, there's no double check needed as far as the authenticity of our relationship and marriage goes.
            Yes! Good habits stay with you! I'm glad you found the thread useful. Again, congratulations! I am very happy for you.

Comment

Unfortunately my girlfriend didn't get the green card and she can't came here

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X