August Interviewees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paase View Post
    I would think that the facts that you did not rush to get a greencard right after marriage (like I did), that you have been married for almost five years, and that you were never out of status all this time are all an evidence of good faith rather than attracting suspicion. I hope that is how the IO sees it.
    Hope so!

I have a question for the group: What do you think about classifying 1) joint renter's insurance and 2) shared grocery bills (i.e., we would split the bill in half) as evidence of financial co-mingling?
    Sounds good to me. Insurance is commonly on the list of recommended documents. We are pretty fiercely independent, so we have a little less things with both our names on them than others might, so I'll also add some bills where I paid for example for veterinary expenses for one of my spouse's dogs etc.

Good luck!
    AOS from F1 OPT, full packet, c(9)
    06/06 Package sent to Chicago lockbox
    06/11 Package received
    06/11 PD
    06/18 4 email + 4 SMS notifications. NBC
    06/23 3 NoA received via mail. I-131 missing
    07/06 Biometrics notice, Anchorage for 07/12
    07/09 800 miles drive, 15 moose, 1 porcupine and 3 eagles later, walk-in biometrics
    07/17 Missing NoA for I-131 showed up in the mail
    08/23 Interview, Anchorage
    08/25 New card is being produced
    08/27 Case was approved

Comment

Hi everyone, hope your interview prep is going well.

I am attaching my Table of Contents below. We have to edit for language but it includes all documents we are taking. Although, I didn't include the screenshot for I-864 and Originals.

We will have four folders:
      1. Four sections - i. Financial Comingling; ii. Power of Attorney; iii. Cohabitation
      2. Two sections - iv. Relationship; v. Wedding
      3. Two sections - One for originals and one for copies of originals (not included in ToC screenshot)
      4. Copies of I-864 and supporting documents (not included in ToC screenshot)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ToC-1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	590857

Name:	ToC-2.JPG
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	590858

Name:	ToC-3.JPG
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	590859

Name:	TOC-4.JPG
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	590860

What do y'all think?
      Last edited by paase; 08-20-2018, 04:00 PM.
      Marriage-based AOS from F-1

06-15-2018: Fed-Ex package delivered
      06-21-2018: 4 NOA texts and emails
      06-25-2018: 4 NOAs received in the mail
      06-28-2018: Biometrics Letter rec'd in the mail
      7-10-2018: I-693 courtesy letter received
      7-11-2018: Biometrics Appointment
      7-15-2018: "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case"
      7-19-2018: "Interview was scheduled" update on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus
      8-23-2018: Interview Date
      8-24-2018: Status updated to 'Approved'

Comment

What do y'all think?
        I think it looks great! And if it reassures you, I'll be bringing fewer stuff, mostly because we simply have fewer accounts in common. I'll post details of mine after we find out how it goes. (For photos, it's funny because I dislike having my picture taken and my spouse hates having her picture taken, so there's only a handful with both of us over the years. All but the wedding photos and one from a reception at my graduate advisor's house have to do with dogs as we have as small dog mushing team and many dog musher friends. What we do have are pictures where one of us takes a picture of the other plus at least one dog. I hope our IO likes dogs, but given they're in Alaska, chances are they do. One thing I like about ******** is how we can have screenshots of one of us posting a photo of the other (plus dog/s) and then the start of friends chiming in.)
        06/11 Package received
        06/11 PD
        07/09 800 miles drive, 15 moose, 1 porcupine and 3 eagles later, walk-in biometrics
        08/27 Case was approved

Comment

I am attaching my Table of Contents below. We have to edit for language but it includes all documents we are taking. Although, I didn't include the screenshot for I-864 and Originals.

We will have four folders:
          1. Four sections - i. Financial Comingling; ii. Power of Attorney; iii. Cohabitation
          2. Two sections - iv. Relationship; v. Wedding
          3. Two sections - One for originals and one for copies of originals (not included in ToC screenshot)
          4. Copies of I-864 and supporting documents (not included in ToC screenshot)

What do y'all think?
          got your message! Thank you for giving me the heads up. I am not on the forum as often. I mostly respond to private messages these days.

You did a superb job putting together the Table of Contents. It's so personal! I feel like I am friends with you guys. *Not many knew about the wedding so you could say we eloped!* It's genius! It's like you're talking to the Immigration Officer or whoever reads it.

The details, the weather delay for your wedding, explaining the commingling of finances in detail, explaining why the amount the intending immigrant contributed for rent varied from month to month - ALL those are details that ONLY a couple in a BONA FIDE relationship is able to generate. It's BRILLIANT.

I recall you were concerned about filing for AOS right after getting married. Well, you neglected to tell us that you had met in 2012 and started dating then. THAT'S EVIDENCE OF BONA FIDE MARRIAGE. It all adds up. It's impossible to tell someone who shows a 6 year relationship history that their marriage is not real. Evidence of bona fide marriage does not mean it must be from the date of the marriage onward. It can be from the day you met, through the time you dated until you got married.

Kuddos on choosing to get those power of attorney. Doesn't that give you peace of mind? I applaud you for doing it. USCIS takes that document seriously, and I guarantee you that it will be weighed heavily on your AOS application. It's not only evidence of bona fide marriage but speaks volumes of your character. It's being responsible.

I took the liberty of adding your table of contents to the thread of resources I posted. You really did a fantastic job. Right here. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips

Your situation was a bit similar to ours. My husband moved in with me 11-2016, but our rent is soooo below market that I did not want to rock the boat and did not tell my landlord that he had moved in until January 2018. Just like you I was able to prove my husband had been living with me since way before January 2018 by including other documents. You also included the email discussion with your landlord when you requested to add your spouse.

Reading through the details on each main piece of evidence on your table of contents it's like peeling one large CABBAGE. It's layer after layer around every single event and I think that really separates those who are not committing fraud from those who are. You just raised the bar.

You said you would edit some of the language but honestly, I like the tone of it. It's personal. It's witty. One of you or BOTH of you have your way with words. I think mine is too formal. Dry. In fact, I will use your tone as a guide when our interview comes.

All the best,

USCFFS

PS: By the way, check out the App "Nike+ Run club". We just signed up for it and used it while we were walking our beagle. You each get it on your phone, create your profile, and it tracks your location during your walk, jog, run, bike ride - you name it. It displays the date and the time, and you get a summary map of your run. It tracks all your turns etc. So you each can take a screenshot at the end of your walk, and save it. If you remember to do that daily, you will have proof that you walk to places together. You could even turn it on while your driving.

People, don't jump on this now. If you have a mortgage and a joint trust fund - AWESOME!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! Then, the app may be trivial to you. But for those who maybe get a super quick interview, or because of life circumstances married today and filed the next day, this may be an option. If you disagree, that's fine. Move on. If you find value in the suggestion, great. Share it with others. Life is too short to be arguing on this forum.
          Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 08-21-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tamarack View Post
            I think it looks great! And if it reassures you, I'll be bringing fewer stuff, mostly because we simply have fewer accounts in common. I'll post details of mine after we find out how it goes. (For photos, it's funny because I dislike having my picture taken and my spouse hates having her picture taken, so there's only a handful with both of us over the years. All but the wedding photos and one from a reception at my graduate advisor's house have to do with dogs as we have as small dog mushing team and many dog musher friends. What we do have are pictures where one of us takes a picture of the other plus at least one dog. I hope our IO likes dogs, but given they're in Alaska, chances are they do. One thing I like about ******** is how we can have screenshots of one of us posting a photo of the other (plus dog/s) and then the start of friends chiming in.)
            Photos really carry the least weight on the scale of evidence of bona fide marriage. I would first create a relationship timeline from the day you met, and include key events in your relationship. You want to show longevity here, and they want to see a paper trail of transactions.

So you want to find evidence around each key event. It may be text messages, or pictures, flight tickets, hotel reservations, email communications with landlord, receipts, screenshots of cancelled checks. You don't have to find all these items for each key event in your relationship. Usually, text messages + pictures + receipts will be enough proof that you were at the location when you are claiming that you were present.

Look at Passe's list. "Coconut cake bought by mother in law". I mean that level of detail is just delightful. Clearly it matters that it's coconut. My cake would have been Arequipe. It's similar to dulce de leche but really, a Colombian thing.
            The rain delay for the wedding and then they sent text messages to everyone invited to alert them of the change of plans.

I am sure that you have more evidence than you think you do. Believe me. I have seen people get very creative. Just yesterday, I got a message from someone telling me "I didn't know that such items would work as evidence, too". Yes, no one is expecting you to have built an empire since your arrival in the country.

Every case is different. In passe's case, the best course of action was to highlight the fact they dated since 2012. They did that beautifully. They also outlined in detail how they commingle. They even explained they they've always split rent and why the amount the intending immigrant pays has varied over time, because his/her income has fluctuated and like any loving couple will do, they help each other out.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Interview in Anchorage (c(9))

My spouse and I had our interview in Anchorage last week. The IO was very professional and kept a friendly tone throughout while conducting a very thorough interview and being in full control all the time. Here's the detailed report.

Our appointment was at 2 pm, so we were there on the dot at 1:30 pm. (They tell you in the letter not to come more than 30 min ahead of time.) There were two parties already in the waiting room: Two slightly nervous young (20s) men, one white, one Asian, with matching wedding rings and a folder with documents similar to ours, and a slightly older, very serious, carefully dressed young woman (wearing an Eastern European type of head dress) accompanied by an older man in a business suit. There was no interaction between them, and I pegged the man as a lawyer. In short order, two more couples (man+woman) came in. There were three booths and a computer kiosk for INFOPASS appointment, but no people, so everyone who came in cast about for a while regarding what to do. This created a little solidarity by those already seated as we knew that about every 10 min someone would pop up behind a counter and ask for appointment letters. Then an Asian woman accompanied by a woman in comfortable-office clothes, who clearly knew what to expect, came in, and they chatted audibly about Chinese immersion schools, and how the first woman was the second's "last one in this batch", so I thought again "lawyer". Indeed, the two lawyers started chatting soon. So with the room filling up I learned that both parties who had been there at 1:30 had their appointments for 1 pm. Nothing happened for a while, then another couple came in, and we started wondering if everyone behind the doors was still on their lunchbreak . Well, they weren't, because some time after 2 pm things started to move, and one couple came out, looking happy-ish. Then the young men were called in, but in fact, separately. Probably a Stokes interview. The one left behind (who I believe was the USC) sat looking nervous. I hope they're ok, and maybe seeing us (an older lesbian couple) calmed them down a little.

Anyhow, some time around 2:30 or so it was our turn. The IO was very friendly from the beginning, and ushered us into her office, where I sat down across from her desk and my wife a little to the side on my left. There was another chair on my right, presumably for lawyers/translators. Disarmingly, the IO started to apologize for a few very minor things (about her habit to speak fast, about the space, the wait), which I think was at the same time quite sincere, but also served to put us on the back foot. Overall I think she was an admirably sharp and effective interrogator, as will become clear. (FBI, if you're looking for someone to hire, there's talent in the Anchorage USCIS office!). She started saying she never saw a file come to the interview so fast. We agreed that we were somewhat shocked to get an interview in less than 3 months, but there we were! She also said that usually she addresses the couples as "Sir" and "Madam", but that wouldn't work for us, so she confirmed that she had the pronunciation of my name (not easy for an English speaker, though short) and of my spouse (pretty standard American name) correct. Then she asked me if I wanted to change mine! Because the Green Card would be a great opportunity! I didn't, and she asked more about why I didn't change my name. All the while remaining perfectly polite and conversional.

She took both our passports, both our AK driver's licenses, and my EAD (from F1-OPT), but didn't ask for original birth certificates (which we had). Then she asked me for my address (ours, as I said) and who else lived there (our dogs....), we talked about mailing addresses (it's very very common in Alaska that a street address doesn't have postal delivery, so she commiserated about some of the forms not taking this case into account very well). She asked my spouse for my full name, birth date, and my parents' names (my wife bungled my deceased mother's name). Then she asked me the same of my wife. Then she went on going through my biography - how did I enter, why THIS visa, why changed to THAT visa, how long we knew each other (which is a pretty long story), why I decided to come to the US, about my last entry in 2015, whether I was on F1-OPT then already (no: simply F1, as I graduated in December 2017), how come I immediately moved in with my spouse when I entered on a non-immigrant visa, whether I was still self-employed (yes, but I also have a part-time job again...). Some more talk about our jobs and careers.

At this point she announced that we'd be reviewing the I-485, and whether we had additional documents. That's when I pulled out the table of contents I made and offered her the pieces one by one with explanation. (She was not interested in my spouse's pay stubs or the IRS transcript of our tax return, of which we had only sent a copy, stating that she proved income sufficiently.) By the way, my MIL's affidavit of support, which she erroneously sent to the USCIS field office at first, had been correctly added to our file. I also had an extra I-20 which I received since sending in my documents, so that was added too. (Note: bring originals and photocopies of anything you still want to hang on to.)

She followed with going through all the organizations that I listed as a member. I didn't remember what IEEE stands for, oops. Then we went through all the yes/no questions. Every single one of them. For the ones that are more out there, I just said "no" and that was it, but for everything remotely possible she asked probing question. One question she changed from no to yes, because back in the 90s, when I volunteered for an organization in France, I once visited a prison as a volunteer. She talked quite a bit about what they're looking for ("it's ok if you forget what clubs you belonged to as a child, but if you just leave out a membership in Al Qaeda, that's something we'd be interested in"). She also said that in the past, the question was formulated as "... since the age of 14", but now there was no age limit, so it's everything. The other question we stopped on was the very large one about having committed any crime, and about being arrested or cited (I insisted that no, that even my parking ticket were enforced by campus parking, not police).

Then the interview wound down. She explained what my duties as a Green Card holder would be. Then she said she would review the forms once more and add the extra documents. Since it was already after 3 pm and she had another interview, it was unlikely that this would happen right away. She also said that she could't see anything that gave her question, except that she needed to consult the regulations to confirm that my medical exam was still valid (it was according to my understanding, and she repeated the rule that it's admissible for submission within one year of issue, and then valid for a year after being submitted). She also told me that nothing I said in my answers reflected negatively on my case and that my evidence was "excellent". Last, we had the opportunity to ask for any questions we had. As for turn-around time, she said that in case she approved it within the next few days, in her experience most people have their card within 10 more days, though officially we are to allow 30 days. If there was an issue, she'd send us a letter requesting whatever document was missing. At the end she made me sign the form, including her numbered annotations (there were 12 of them).

The whole thing took probably about an hour, which I understand is quite long. No wonder they ran late with the interviews that day.

About an hour after we left, my online status changed to "Interview was completed and case must be reviewed". Then, two days later (yesterday), status change to "New card is being produced". Yay!
              Last edited by tamarack; 08-26-2018, 11:44 PM.
              06/11 Package received
              06/11 PD
              08/27 Case was approved

Comment

Congratulations!

Originally posted by tamarack View Post
                My spouse and I had our interview in Anchorage last week. The IO was very professional and kept a friendly tone throughout while conducting a very thorough interview and being in full control all the time. Here's the detailed report.

Our appointment was at 2 pm, so we were there on the dot at 1:30 pm. (They tell you in the letter not to come more than 30 min ahead of time.) There were two parties already in the waiting room: Two slightly nervous young (20s) men, one white, one Asian, with matching wedding rings and a folder with documents similar to ours, and a slightly older, very serious, carefully dressed young woman (wearing an Eastern European type of head dress) accompanied by an older man in a business suit. There was no interaction between them, and I pegged the man as a lawyer. In short order, two more couples (man+woman) came in. There were three booths and a computer kiosk for INFOPASS appointment, but no people, so everyone who came in cast about for a while regarding what to do. This created a little solidarity by those already seated as we knew that about every 10 min someone would pop up behind a counter and ask for appointment letters. Then an Asian woman accompanied by a woman in comfortable-office clothes, who clearly knew what to expect, came in, and they chatted audibly about Chinese immersion schools, and how the first woman was the second's "last one in this batch", so I thought again "lawyer". Indeed, the two lawyers started chatting soon. So with the room filling up I learned that both parties who had been there at 1:30 had their appointments for 1 pm. Nothing happened for a while, then another couple came in, and we started wondering if everyone behind the doors was still on their lunchbreak . Well, they weren't, because some time after 2 pm things started to move, and one couple came out, looking happy-ish. Then the young men were called in, but in fact, separately. Probably a Stokes interview. The one left behind (who I believe was the USC) sat looking nervous. I hope they're ok, and maybe seeing us (an older lesbian couple) calmed them down a little.

Anyhow, some time around 2:30 or so it was our turn. The IO was very friendly from the beginning, and ushered us into her office, where I sat down across from her desk and my wife a little to the side on my left. There was another chair on my right, presumably for lawyers/translators. Disarmingly, the IO started to apologize for a few very minor things (about her habit to speak fast, about the space, the wait), which I think was at the same time quite sincere, but also served to put us on the back foot. Overall I think she was an admirably sharp and effective interrogator, as will become clear. (FBI, if you're looking for someone to hire, there's talent in the Anchorage USCIS office!). She started saying she never saw a file come to the interview so fast. We agreed that we were somewhat shocked to get an interview in less than 3 months, but there we were! She also said that usually she addresses the couples as "Sir" and "Madam", but that wouldn't work for us, so she confirmed that she had the pronunciation of my name (not easy for an English speaker, though short) and of my spouse (pretty standard American name) correct. Then she asked me if I wanted to change mine! Because the Green Card would be a great opportunity! I didn't, and she asked more about why I didn't change my name. All the while remaining perfectly polite and conversional.

She took both our passports, both our AK driver's licenses, and my EAD (from F1-OPT), but didn't ask for original birth certificates (which we had). Then she asked me for my address (ours, as I said) and who else lived there (our dogs....), we talked about mailing addresses (it's very very common in Alaska that a street address doesn't have postal delivery, so she commiserated about some of the forms not taking this case into account very well). She asked my spouse for my full name, birth date, and my parents' names (my wife bungled my deceased mother's name). Then she asked me the same of my wife. Then she went on going through my biography - how did I enter, why THIS visa, why changed to THAT visa, how long we knew each other (which is a pretty long story), why I decided to come to the US, about my last entry in 2015, whether I was on F1-OPT then already (no: simply F1, as I graduated in December 2017), how come I immediately moved in with my spouse when I entered on a non-immigrant visa, whether I was still self-employed (yes, but I also have a part-time job again...). Some more talk about our jobs and careers.

At this point she announced that we'd be reviewing the I-485, and whether we had additional documents. That's when I pulled out the table of contents I made and offered her the pieces one by one with explanation. (She was not interested in my spouse's pay stubs or the IRS transcript of our tax return, of which we had only sent a copy, stating that she proved income sufficiently.) By the way, my MIL's affidavit of support, which she erroneously sent to the USCIS field office at first, had been correctly added to our file. I also had an extra I-20 which I received since sending in my documents, so that was added too. (Note: bring originals and photocopies of anything you still want to hang on to.)

She followed with going through all the organizations that I listed as a member. I didn't remember what IEEE stands for, oops. Then we went through all the yes/no questions. Every single one of them. For the ones that are more out there, I just said "no" and that was it, but for everything remotely possible she asked probing question. One question she changed from no to yes, because back in the 90s, when I volunteered for an organization in France, I once visited a prison as a volunteer. She talked quite a bit about what they're looking for ("it's ok if you forget what clubs you belonged to as a child, but if you just leave out a membership in Al Qaeda, that's something we'd be interested in"). She also said that in the past, the question was formulated as "... since the age of 14", but now there was no age limit, so it's everything. The other question we stopped on was the very large one about having committed any crime, and about being arrested or cited (I insisted that no, that even my parking ticket were enforced by campus parking, not police).

Then the interview wound down. She explained what my duties as a Green Card holder would be. Then she said she would review the forms once more and add the extra documents. Since it was already after 3 pm and she had another interview, it was unlikely that this would happen right away. She also said that she could't see anything that gave her question, except that she needed to consult the regulations to confirm that my medical exam was still valid (it was according to my understanding, and she repeated the rule that it's admissible for submission within one year of issue, and then valid for a year after being submitted). She also told me that nothing I said in my answers reflected negatively on my case and that my evidence was "excellent". Last, we had the opportunity to ask for any questions we had. As for turn-around time, she said that in case she approved it within the next few days, in her experience most people have their card within 10 more days, though officially we are to allow 30 days. If there was an issue, she'd send us a letter requesting whatever document was missing. At the end she made me sign the form, including her numbered annotations (there were 12 of them).

The whole thing took probably about an hour, which I understand is quite long. No wonder they ran late with the interviews that day.

About an hour after we left, my online status changed to "Interview was completed and case must be reviewed". Then, two days later (yesterday), status change to "New card is being produced". Yay!

Congrats and thanks for sharing! Tomorrow is our day and my stomach has started twisting! Hopefully I regain my composure for tomorrow.
                I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765

State: CT
                Field office: Hartford, ct
                PD: Oct 10, 2017
                NOA: Oct 21
                Bio app - Oct 27 for Nov 7
                Bio completed - Nov 7
                Courtesy letter : nov 10 Re: medical
                SR: Dec 26
                Ap approval notice received: Dec 29 (day 80), with notice date Dec 21
                EAD approval notice received: Dec 29 (day 80)
                Interview notice online July 13
                Interview notice in hand July 20
                Interview completed Aug 28, 2018
                Day 346 - GC Approval (online) September 21, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by LadyD1 View Post
                  Congrats and thanks for sharing! Tomorrow is our day and my stomach has started twisting! Hopefully I regain my composure for tomorrow.
                  Oh, right. For some reason, I thought we had the same day. All the best!
                  06/11 Package received
                  06/11 PD
                  08/27 Case was approved

Comment

Hartford interview experience

Hey guys! I tried doing this before but when I hit submit, I was logged out. Anyways I did my interview on Tuesday 8/28/18. My husband and I were there 30mins before interview appointment as required and our interview lasted for 1hr.
                    We were also accompanied by our attorney.
                    Anyways, while we were sitting and waiting with our attorney, she asked us to gatherer our ids (SS card, licenses, my EAD and PP) in hand. After we did that, she asked us if both our license reflect the same address which we replied, ?no?. I know right! How could we? Right there and then I knew we were gonna be knocked for that. So we were called in, we took the oat and the IO requests our ids. Hoping the IO would not ask for it my husband didn?t hand it in with the other ids. However IO specifically asked him for it. My husband gave it to him and immediately he asked in a seriously curious tone, ?why is your license reflecting another address if you live in ct. My husband then explained to the IO that his work schedule barely allowed him to do much. Then the IO said to him , ?but you recently renewed it? so my husband (who works in another state) explained to him that it was about to expire and he didn?t wanted to be driving with an expired license, so he renewed it at a dvm close to his workplace (he use to live in that state too). And with that said, the IO Officer continued with the interview. He explained to us that he will be asking us questions but we should not answer for one another unless he ask us to do so. So he began, starting with me first. Below you will see questions he asked both of us.

Questions IO asked me

When was last time you arrived into the us?
                    When was the last time before entering on your advance parole?
                    What?s you husbands name?
                    What?s your mother in law name?
                    How many kids does your husband have?
                    What?s his child?s name?
                    What?s her birthday?
                    Do you receive any assistance from the government ?
                    Do you plan to receive assistance?
                    What?s the name of your husband father?
                    Did you ever worked in the US before?
                    What?s your husband DOB?
                    Is this your first marriage?
                    Where do you live now?
                    Have u ever lived anywhere else in the US?
                    WHEN did u move to your current address?
                    Any adopted kids anywhere in the world?
                    How many times in total have you entered the US?
                    What is the name of your husband?s ex-wife?s name?
                    Have anyone ever filed for you before?
                    At what age did I first came to the US?
                    He ended by asking my the YES and no questions.

Questions IO asked my husband?

What?s you wife?s full name?
                    What?s her DOB?
                    Do you know what job your wife did back in home country?
                    Do you know her fathers DOB
                    wife father?s name?
                    Wife mothers DOB?
                    WIFE mother deceased when?
                    How did you gain status in the US?
                    How many marriage you ever had?
                    When was your divorce finalized?
                    What?s your mailing address?
                    Have you ever filed for anyone before?

Questions to us both

How did you met?
                    How did you meet each other?
                    Where did we get married?

Overall it was a good experience. Our attorney said the IO seems new. He was very professional and share a few jokes in between. At the end of the interview he said he didn?t come across any red flags during our interview but he will have to review our case. He also wanted a copy of my husbands decree nisi but we didn?t have that on hand we only had the official divorce paper. He want it to be sure of the divorce documents since there were reports of fraud in the country it was done. He was not sure if he named us to send it but he said he will let us know if he did by mail. We are really hoping he doesn?t request it because we would have to get in contact with the lawyer who filed the divorce in that country. I was really hoping for approval on spot but I will just have to wait. Which is fine but I hate not knowing what?s to come.

Documents submitted:

3 joint Water & sewer statement
                    3 joint car insurance statements
                    1 joint bank statement
                    Electric statement (husband )
                    Internet statement (husband only)
                    2017 joint tax return
                    2017 W2 (husband)
                    Last 2 month pay stubs (husband?s)
                    Pictures with notes and years (Anniversary, trip together, thanksgiving etc)
                    Flight ticket
                    Hotel reservations
                    Wedding program
                    Deed
                    Copy of Insurance card
                    Copy of Costco card
                    Copy of fertility treatment referral and appointment
                    Birthday certificate
                    Marriage certificate
                    Divorce absolute (husband)

One question guys are they supposed to take back our EADs when we go for interview ? Just wondering because he had returned mine bk to me. Thought they were gonna take it.

Anyways that all I could remember from my experience. All the best to those still waiting. It?s not that hard if you have nothing to worry about. It?s like sharing your life story with someone you just met. Just don?t provide answers you were asked. Don?t be too chatty unless it?s to explain the logics of something they are not pleased with. Also listen carefully before you answer.

Bio completed - Nov 7

Comment

GC Approved today!!

Hey guys! I tried doing this before but when I hit submit, I was logged out. Anyways I did my interview on Tuesday 8/28/18. My husband and I were there 30mins before interview appointment as required and our interview lasted for 1hr.
                      We were also accompanied by our attorney.
                      Anyways, while we were sitting and waiting with our attorney, she asked us to gatherer our ids (SS card, licenses, my EAD and PP) in hand. After we did that, she asked us if both our license reflect the same address which we replied, ?no?. I know right! How could we? Right there and then I knew we were gonna be knocked for that. So we were called in, we took the oat and the IO requests our ids. Hoping the IO would not ask for it my husband didn?t hand it in with the other ids. However IO specifically asked him for it. My husband gave it to him and immediately he asked in a seriously curious tone, ?why is your license reflecting another address if you live in ct. My husband then explained to the IO that his work schedule barely allowed him to do much. Then the IO said to him , ?but you recently renewed it? so my husband (who works in another state) explained to him that it was about to expire and he didn?t wanted to be driving with an expired license, so he renewed it at a dvm close to his workplace (he use to live in that state too). And with that said, the IO Officer continued with the interview. He explained to us that he will be asking us questions but we should not answer for one another unless he ask us to do so. So he began, starting with me first. Below you will see questions he asked both of us.

Questions IO asked me

When was last time you arrived into the us?
                      When was the last time before entering on your advance parole?
                      What?s you husbands name?
                      What?s your mother in law name?
                      How many kids does your husband have?
                      What?s his child?s name?
                      What?s her birthday?
                      Do you receive any assistance from the government ?
                      Do you plan to receive assistance?
                      What?s the name of your husband father?
                      Did you ever worked in the US before?
                      What?s your husband DOB?
                      Is this your first marriage?
                      Where do you live now?
                      Have u ever lived anywhere else in the US?
                      WHEN did u move to your current address?
                      Any adopted kids anywhere in the world?
                      How many times in total have you entered the US?
                      What is the name of your husband?s ex-wife?s name?
                      Have anyone ever filed for you before?
                      At what age did I first came to the US?
                      He ended by asking my the YES and no questions.

Questions IO asked my husband?

What?s you wife?s full name?
                      What?s her DOB?
                      Do you know what job your wife did back in home country?
                      Do you know her fathers DOB
                      wife father?s name?
                      Wife mothers DOB?
                      WIFE mother deceased when?
                      How did you gain status in the US?
                      How many marriage you ever had?
                      When was your divorce finalized?
                      What?s your mailing address?
                      Have you ever filed for anyone before?

Questions to us both

How did you met?
                      How did you meet each other?
                      Where did we get married?

Overall it was a good experience. Our attorney said the IO seems new. He was very professional and share a few jokes in between. At the end of the interview he said he didn?t come across any red flags during our interview but he will have to review our case. He also wanted a copy of my husbands decree nisi but we didn?t have that on hand we only had the official divorce paper. He want it to be sure of the divorce documents since there were reports of fraud in the country it was done. He was not sure if he named us to send it but he said he will let us know if he did by mail. We are really hoping he doesn?t request it because we would have to get in contact with the lawyer who filed the divorce in that country. I was really hoping for approval on spot but I will just have to wait. Which is fine but I hate not knowing what?s to come.

Documents submitted:

3 joint Water & sewer statement
                      3 joint car insurance statements
                      1 joint bank statement
                      Electric statement (husband )
                      Internet statement (husband only)
                      2017 joint tax return
                      2017 W2 (husband)
                      Last 2 month pay stubs (husband?s)
                      Pictures with notes and years (Anniversary, trip together, thanksgiving etc)
                      Flight ticket
                      Hotel reservations
                      Wedding program
                      Deed
                      Copy of Insurance card
                      Copy of Costco card
                      Copy of fertility treatment referral and appointment
                      Birthday certificate
                      Marriage certificate
                      Divorce absolute (husband)

One question guys are they supposed to take back our EADs when we go for interview ? Just wondering because he had returned mine bk to me. Thought they were gonna take it.

Anyways that all I could remember from my experience. All the best to those still waiting. It?s not that hard if you have nothing to worry about. It?s like sharing your life story with someone you just met. Just don?t provide answers you were asked. Don?t be too chatty unless it?s to explain the logics of something they are not pleased with. Also listen carefully before you answer.
                      Hey guys I finally got my approval online today!!! OMG!! I check this morning and there was nothing then I just randomly decided to check again not too long ago and it said ?NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED ? . Fianlly my wait is over. Thanks for everyone?s help here!

Bio completed - Nov 7

Comment

Hey guys I finally got my approval online today!!! OMG!! I check this morning and there was nothing then I just randomly decided to check again not too long ago and it said ?NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED ? . Fianlly my wait is over. Thanks for everyone?s help here!
                        Congratulations! Remember that you are now on the I-751 Removal of Conditions wagon. The instructions state that you should submit evidence since the date of your marriage until the time you file.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats! Make sure you're signed up for USPS Informed Delivery and USCIS case trackers so you can track your GC. Based on my experience, my USCIS online approval notice came Sept 6, the next day (Sept 7) came the USPS alert of an incoming package. I checked the tracking details, it came from Corbin, KY (which is a GC production facility) so I knew it was the GC. The USPS alert also came with an expected delivery date, Sept 10 in my case. You have the option to have the GC picked up at your post office, if you want, or keep monitoring it on your phone. Both USCIS and USPS will alert you: (1) when the package arrives at your post office; and (2) when it's delivered to your address.

Cheers!
                          Marriage; Concurrent
                          11.22.2017: PD
                          12.04.2017: 4 NOAs in mail
                          12.28.2017: Bio Appmt
                          04.23.2018: RFE in Mail
                          06.29.2018: RFE Response Sent
                          07.02.2018: RFE Response Rcvd
                          07.21.2018: I-693 Courtesy Ltr
                          07.26.2018: "Interview scheduled"
                          08.02.2018: Interview Notice in mail
                          08.31.2018: INTERVIEW/Approval
                          09.04.2018: SS Card in mail
                          09.05.2018: "We mailed your EAD"
                          09.06.2018: "We mailed your GC"
                          09.08.2018: EAD/AP Combo card & I-130/I-485 Approvals in mail
                          09.10.2018: GC in hand

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                            Congratulations! Remember that you are now on the I-751 Removal of Conditions wagon. The instructions state that you should submit evidence since the date of your marriage until the time you file.
                            Not sure about that since November will make 3 years since I have been married to my husband.

Bio completed - Nov 7

Comment

Originally posted by 4EVER View Post
                              Congrats! Make sure you're signed up for USPS Informed Delivery and USCIS case trackers so you can track your GC. Based on my experience, my USCIS online approval notice came Sept 6, the next day (Sept 7) came the USPS alert of an incoming package. I checked the tracking details, it came from Corbin, KY (which is a GC production facility) so I knew it was the GC. The USPS alert also came with an expected delivery date, Sept 10 in my case. You have the option to have the GC picked up at your post office, if you want, or keep monitoring it on your phone. Both USCIS and USPS will alert you: (1) when the package arrives at your post office; and (2) when it's delivered to your address.

Cheers!
                              Thank you!!! I already signed up on both. 🙃😊 your tips are appreciated!

Bio completed - Nov 7

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X