Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POA/Power of Attorney

Hi,
    Do any of you have a power of attorney document as evidence of commingling?
    Would you be kind enough to share a copy with me please or direct me to where I can find a good sample that I can customize to fit my needs. I need to name my husband as my POA. Attorney fees too much to draft such documents.
    Thanks
    I-130 PD Jan 17, 2018
    I-485 Sent April 2018, PD Jan 17, 2018
    Fingerprint completed: May 4 2018
    Case ready to be scheduled for interview: Sept 13, 2018
    Waiting for interview......

We found a "general" power of attorney document on our state government's website and also the advanced directive. We copied it, kept the options we wanted, and formatted it (my partner is a little OCD about formatting) before signing in front of the Notary at our bank. We needed two witnesses who knew us, but I don't know if those rules vary by state. The notary service was free.
    Many UPS location notarize documents too. Although I don't know if this includes PoAs.

Originally posted by DreamBigg View Post
    Hi,
    Do any of you have a power of attorney document as evidence of commingling?
    Would you be kind enough to share a copy with me please or direct me to where I can find a good sample that I can customize to fit my needs. I need to name my husband as my POA. Attorney fees too much to draft such documents.
    Thanks
    Marriage-based AOS from F-1

06-15-2018: Fed-Ex package delivered
    06-21-2018: 4 NOA texts and emails
    06-25-2018: 4 NOAs received in the mail
    06-28-2018: Biometrics Letter rec'd in the mail
    7-10-2018: I-693 courtesy letter received
    7-11-2018: Biometrics Appointment
    7-15-2018: "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case"
    7-19-2018: "Interview was scheduled" update on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus
    8-23-2018: Interview Date
    8-24-2018: Status updated to 'Approved'

Comment

Originally posted by paase View Post
      We found a "general" power of attorney document on our state government's website and also the advanced directive. We copied it, kept the options we wanted, and formatted it (my partner is a little OCD about formatting) before signing in front of the Notary at our bank. We needed two witnesses who knew us, but I don't know if those rules vary by state. The notary service was free.
      Many UPS location notarize documents too. Although I don't know if this includes PoAs.
      Exact same here, down to signing it at a bank. Did not use an attorney, although I do recommend using one if you are confused about terms/rights/etc. because it's a legal document and you definitely want to know what you're doing. That being said, you can find ones that are pretty straightforward and not in legalese. Good luck!
      2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
      4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
      4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
      4/19: Request to expedite EAD
      5/11: Received EAD
      6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
      8/09: Advance Parole approved
      8/29: Scheduled for Interview
      10/11: Interview
      10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
      10/16: Sent new G28
      10/19: Approved!

Comment

What do you think of this POA. Criticism welcomed

LIMITED POWER OF ATTORNEY

Date: ____________________

Principal: I, ___________________________________
        Name of principal

hereby name and appoint:
        Attorney-in-fact: ______________________________________
        Name of Attorney-in-fact
        to be my Agent (attorney-in-fact) to act for me in any lawful way with respect to the following initialed subjects:

INITIAL
        ______ (A) Manage Real estate
        1. The powers of the Attorney include, but are not limited to, at public or private sale, the right to buy, sell, convey, bargain, assign, grant, transfer, lease and grant options or amend or modify any leases or options, on any and all real property owned by me now or in the future, including my homestead. Also, my Attorney may exchange, borrow against or mortgage any real property owned by me. Also, my Attorney may obtain liability, property damage, theft, flood, and any other type insurance.
        2. Execute and deliver deeds, transfers, mortgages, charges, leases, assignments, surrenders, releases and other instruments required for any such purpose.
        ______(B) Banking transactions
        1. To do any act that I can do through an agent with a bank or other financial institutions. This power includes, but is not limited to, the power to:
        2. Open, maintain, close bank accounts (including, but not limited to, checking accounts, saving accounts, certificates of deposit), brokerage accounts, retirement plan accounts, and other similar accounts with financial institutions;
        3. Conduct any business with any banking or financial institution with respect to any of my accounts, including but not limited to , making deposits and withdrawals, negotiating or endorsing any checks or other instruments, with respect to any such account, obtaining bank statements, money orders, warrants and certificates and vouchers payable to me by any person, firm, corporation or political entity;
        ________ (C) Retirement benefit transactions
        1. To act for me and represent my interests in all matters affecting my retirement savings or pension plan I may have. This power includes, but is not limited to, the power to continue contributions, change contributions amounts, change investment strategies and options, move assets to other plans, receive and manage payouts. My agent cannot add himself as a beneficiary unless he is already a designated beneficiary as of the signing of this document.

Right to Compensation. My Agent will receive no compensation except for the reimbursement of all out of pocket expenses associated with the carrying of my wishes.
        REVOCATION - The Principal has the right to revoke this Limited Power of Attorney Form at any time.
        I am fully informed as to all the contents of this form and understand the full import of this grant of powers to my Agent.

Signed this _______ day of _______________, 20____

______________________________ ______________________________
        Signature of first witness Signature of second witness

STATE OF FLORIDA COUNTY OF _________

The foregoing instrument was acknowledged before me this ____ day of __________ of 20____, by ____________________________________________________________ _______________
        who is personally known to me or who produced ______________________________________ as identification and who did not take an oath.
        I-130 PD Jan 17, 2018

Comment

LIMITED POWER OF ATTORNEY

Date: ____________________

Principal: I, ___________________________________
          Name of principal

hereby name and appoint:
          Attorney-in-fact: ______________________________________
          Name of Attorney-in-fact
          to be my Agent (attorney-in-fact) to act for me in any lawful way with respect to the following initialed subjects:

INITIAL
          ______ (A) Manage Real estate
          1. The powers of the Attorney include, but are not limited to, at public or private sale, the right to buy, sell, convey, bargain, assign, grant, transfer, lease and grant options or amend or modify any leases or options, on any and all real property owned by me now or in the future, including my homestead. Also, my Attorney may exchange, borrow against or mortgage any real property owned by me. Also, my Attorney may obtain liability, property damage, theft, flood, and any other type insurance.
          2. Execute and deliver deeds, transfers, mortgages, charges, leases, assignments, surrenders, releases and other instruments required for any such purpose.
          ______(B) Banking transactions
          1. To do any act that I can do through an agent with a bank or other financial institutions. This power includes, but is not limited to, the power to:
          2. Open, maintain, close bank accounts (including, but not limited to, checking accounts, saving accounts, certificates of deposit), brokerage accounts, retirement plan accounts, and other similar accounts with financial institutions;
          3. Conduct any business with any banking or financial institution with respect to any of my accounts, including but not limited to , making deposits and withdrawals, negotiating or endorsing any checks or other instruments, with respect to any such account, obtaining bank statements, money orders, warrants and certificates and vouchers payable to me by any person, firm, corporation or political entity;
          ________ (C) Retirement benefit transactions
          1. To act for me and represent my interests in all matters affecting my retirement savings or pension plan I may have. This power includes, but is not limited to, the power to continue contributions, change contributions amounts, change investment strategies and options, move assets to other plans, receive and manage payouts. My agent cannot add himself as a beneficiary unless he is already a designated beneficiary as of the signing of this document.

Right to Compensation. My Agent will receive no compensation except for the reimbursement of all out of pocket expenses associated with the carrying of my wishes.
          REVOCATION - The Principal has the right to revoke this Limited Power of Attorney Form at any time.
          I am fully informed as to all the contents of this form and understand the full import of this grant of powers to my Agent.

Signed this _______ day of _______________, 20____

______________________________ ______________________________
          Signature of first witness Signature of second witness

STATE OF FLORIDA COUNTY OF _________

The foregoing instrument was acknowledged before me this ____ day of __________ of 20____, by ____________________________________________________________ _______________
          who is personally known to me or who produced ______________________________________ as identification and who did not take an oath.

This POA looks really good. Did you create it yourself? Did you have an attorney help you? I am asking because I am thinking of using it as is.

Thank you for sharing!

USCFFS

Comment

Poa

Hi, I create it based on some samples I found online. I live in Florida so I used FL state samples. I kind of customized it to fit my needs. Feel free to use it and customize it as you see fit.
            In Florida, you need two witnesses so it could be different in other state.
            I-130 PD Jan 17, 2018

Comment

Hi, I create it based on some samples I found online. I live in Florida so I used FL state samples. I kind of customized it to fit my needs. Feel free to use it and customize it as you see fit.
              In Florida, you need two witnesses so it could be different in other state.
              Awesome! Thank you! It looks professionally written. Added it to this thread. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...097#post581097

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X