Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on our folder of evidence - Marriage based AOS

Hello everyone
    Though we don't have an interview date and my status is stuck at "USCIS has received your response for a RFE and we will now start working on your case" (this has been the state from Dec 19th 2017), we decided to plan ahead and get the documents ready so that when the time comes, we are not running around trying to get everything done.

Here is the list.

Common Finances
    Shared YYYY account (2)
    Shared ZZZZ statements (2)
    Shared YYYY account statements (2)
    Letter from Credit card account about primary and secondary account holders for chase credit card?
    Shared AAAA bank statements
    Proof of shared expenditure showing last three statements from our Credit card bills -
    Combined taxes file -2017 - accepted tax filing - turbo tax
    Financial documents with both our names - Car loan document

Utilities with both names

Comcast Internet Bill
    Water Bill
    Car registration document
    Title deed of house in both our names
    Shared netflix account
    Homeowners insurance document

Documents of co-habitation
    Letters\greeting cards address to both of us to the same address
    scanned rental agreement sent to the landlord at time of my fiance moving in
    Emails sent to the landlord about fiance moving in
    Cashed cheque of refundable deposit while moving out
    Rental insurance document showing both our names
    YYYY bank statements in both our names showing the address [ for old address ]
    YYYY bank statements in both our names showing the address [ For new address]
    Amazon shipping reciepts to our addresses
    drivers license (which shows our old address)
    proof of address change from USCIS from beneficiary
    Proof of address change from uscis to petitioner

Evidence of relationship
    Photos together and photos with family
    Trips taken together (7 trips with accommodation receipts and flight receipts where ever applicable)
    selected gmail chat conversations from 2013-2014
    Screenshots of ******** conversations from 2011-2017
    purchase reciept from Blue Nile for the engagement ring

Evidence of wedding

Wedding certificate from the county
    Wedding certificate signed by the pastor and two witness
    Wedding photos
    Save the date card
    Wedding invitation card
    Scanned letter to the official photographer agreeing to his services and the amount to be paid
    Night lodging prior to the wedding day in city where the wedding was held (airbnb)
    Tux rental email notifications
    wedding bands insurance documents
    Post wedding brunch photographs (and gift opening)
    wedding webpage link
    wedding registry gifts received (zola webpage printout)
    Small Wedding reception photos in my native country
    Wedding reception e-invite sent to relatives and friends in my native country
    Flight tickets for beneficiary's father to fly down to US to attend the wedding
    Flight tickets for the beneficiary's brother and sister in law to fly down to US to attend the wedding

Joint memberships
    Joint Comcast account
    Joint Costco account
    Joint amazon prime account (shared with the petitioners family)

Petitioners US citizenship proof

US Passport [ original and copy]
    US Enhanced drivers license [ original and copy]
    Birth certificate?

Petitioner Income proof

W2 from 2017 and 2016
    Last three paystubs
    employment proof?

Proof of Spouse Beneficiary Identity
    Native country passport passport (original and copies)
    Copy of all US visas issued to date
    US drivers license (original and copy)
    Student EAD (original and copy)
    AP\EAD (original and copy)
    Copy of updated I-94
    Birth certificate

Insurance\401k proof

Copy of Beneficiary's Employer's insurance page showing petitioner as primary beneficiary
    Beneficiary's fidelity page showing primary beneficiary as petitioner
    Copy of Beneficiary's employers page showing petitioner as wife of the beneficiary
    insurance document from petitioner showing benificary as primary beneficary

USCIS documents

1. All I797's
    2. Interview letter - [ whenever it comes ]
    3. All I-20's
    4. All original passports
    5. All EAD's
    6. I-693 (Medical report) Copy - original already submitted
    7. Birth certificate
    8. proof of biometrics (stamped)

Beneficiary's employment proof

employment letter from employer
    Last two w2's
    last three paystubs

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *

I do have the following questions which I would appreciate answers to

1. How do you take screenshots or printout ******** chat conversations, we have known each other for nearly seven years so there is like a lot of chat content...
    2. Is the petitioner's birth certificate required, my spouse is not sure if they have it (she is a US citizen) but she is going to ask her parents to look and see if they can find it.
    3. Anything else you think we should add or does this seem enough.
    Last edited by seattlefiler2017; 09-11-2018, 04:02 PM. Reason: Just added bolding
    Priority date of Oct 30th 2017
    12/05/2017 - Did my biometrics
    12/17/2017 - Got a RFE requesting my USC sponsors tax information for proof of sponsorship
    12/19/2017 - USCIS received our RFE response on December 19th
    02/03/2018 - got my combined EAD\AP
    10/04/2018 - Status updated in the USCIS case tracker as "Ready to schedule interview"
    10/09/2018 - Applied for EAD\AP Renewal
    12/26/2018 - Got a notification that the "interview was scheduled"
    01/31/2019 - Interview date

Originally posted by seattlefiler2017 View Post
    Hello everyone

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *

1. How do you take screenshots or printout ******** chat conversations, we have known each other for nearly seven years so there is like a lot of chat content...
    2. Is the petitioner's birth certificate required, my spouse is not sure if they have it (she is a US citizen) but she is going to ask her parents to look and see if they can find it.
    1) I just print the screenshot of the profiles, we are not social media fans, but this work fine for me and the IO didn't mind. But this was in my case, every case is different.
    2) After she asked me for the IDs she request the petitioner original birth certificate or passport, he doesn't have a passport, I would find the way to get it if I were you.
    3) She ask me if we have solo accounts and I also added my pay stubs, everything else in your list looks more than perfect to me.

Best of luck
    C9 Married to USC AOS (I-130,I485,I-765) DC office
    10/27/2017 PD
    11/08/2017 I-797 (3)
    12/07/2017 Biometric Walk in
    05/17/2018 RFE form I-485 (requesting tax returns 2017)
    06/18/2018 I-693 courtesy letter
    06/20/2018 Email "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
    07/08/2018 EAD card in production
    07/16/2018 EAD in hand
    07/31/2018 Interview scheduled
    09/06/2018 Interview
    09/11/2018 Letter of approval

Comment

Originally posted by Roxilili View Post
      1) I just print the screenshot of the profiles, we are not social media fans, but this work fine for me and the IO didn't mind. But this was in my case, every case is different.
      2) After she asked me for the IDs she request the petitioner original birth certificate or passport, he doesn't have a passport, I would find the way to get it if I were you.
      3) She ask me if we have solo accounts and I also added my pay stubs, everything else in your list looks more than perfect to me.

Best of luck
      Thank you, ******** has a see friendship option which shows the relationship over a period of a year, i might try printing that

The good news is we found that her mom had a copy of her birth certificate so we do have that covered and hopefully her renewed passport will come before the interview when ever that is.

What do you mean by solo accounts ? Like solo bank accounts? I'll be adding my paystubs as well.
      12/17/2017 - Got a RFE requesting my USC sponsors tax information for proof of sponsorship
      10/04/2018 - Status updated in the USCIS case tracker as "Ready to schedule interview"

Comment

What do you mean by solo accounts ? Like solo bank accounts? I'll be adding my paystubs as well.
        the bank accounts that are not join
        C9 Married to USC AOS (I-130,I485,I-765) DC office
        10/27/2017 PD
        11/08/2017 I-797 (3)
        12/07/2017 Biometric Walk in
        05/17/2018 RFE form I-485 (requesting tax returns 2017)
        06/18/2018 I-693 courtesy letter
        06/20/2018 Email "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
        07/08/2018 EAD card in production
        07/16/2018 EAD in hand
        07/31/2018 Interview scheduled
        09/06/2018 Interview
        09/11/2018 Letter of approval

Comment

Hello everyone
          Though we don't have an interview date and my status is stuck at "USCIS has received your response for a RFE and we will now start working on your case" (this has been the state from Dec 19th 2017), we decided to plan ahead and get the documents ready so that when the time comes, we are not running around trying to get everything done.

Here is the list.

Common Finances
          Shared YYYY account (2)
          Shared ZZZZ statements (2)
          Shared YYYY account statements (2)
          Letter from Credit card account about primary and secondary account holders for chase credit card?
          Shared AAAA bank statements
          Proof of shared expenditure showing last three statements from our Credit card bills -
          Combined taxes file -2017 - accepted tax filing - turbo tax
          Financial documents with both our names - Car loan document

Utilities with both names

Comcast Internet Bill
          Water Bill
          Car registration document
          Shared netflix account
          Homeowners insurance document

Documents of co-habitation
          Letters\greeting cards address to both of us to the same address
          scanned rental agreement sent to the landlord at time of my fiance moving in
          Emails sent to the landlord about fiance moving in
          Cashed cheque of refundable deposit while moving out
          Rental insurance document showing both our names
          YYYY bank statements in both our names showing the address [ for old address ]
          YYYY bank statements in both our names showing the address [ For new address]
          Amazon shipping reciepts to our addresses
          drivers license (which shows our old address)
          proof of address change from USCIS from beneficiary
          Proof of address change from uscis to petitioner

Evidence of relationship
          Photos together and photos with family
          Trips taken together (7 trips with accommodation receipts and flight receipts where ever applicable)
          selected gmail chat conversations from 2013-2014
          Screenshots of ******** conversations from 2011-2017
          purchase reciept from Blue Nile for the engagement ring

Evidence of wedding

Wedding certificate from the county
          Wedding certificate signed by the pastor and two witness
          Wedding photos
          Save the date card
          Wedding invitation card
          Scanned letter to the official photographer agreeing to his services and the amount to be paid
          Night lodging prior to the wedding day in city where the wedding was held (airbnb)
          Tux rental email notifications
          wedding bands insurance documents
          Post wedding brunch photographs (and gift opening)
          wedding webpage link
          wedding registry gifts received (zola webpage printout)
          Small Wedding reception photos in my native country
          Wedding reception e-invite sent to relatives and friends in my native country
          Flight tickets for beneficiary's father to fly down to US to attend the wedding
          Flight tickets for the beneficiary's brother and sister in law to fly down to US to attend the wedding

Joint memberships
          Joint Comcast account
          Joint Costco account
          Joint amazon prime account (shared with the petitioners family)

Petitioners US citizenship proof

US Passport [ original and copy]
          US Enhanced drivers license [ original and copy]
          Birth certificate?

Petitioner Income proof

W2 from 2017 and 2016
          Last three paystubs
          employment proof?

Proof of Spouse Beneficiary Identity
          Native country passport passport (original and copies)
          Copy of all US visas issued to date
          US drivers license (original and copy)
          Student EAD (original and copy)
          AP\EAD (original and copy)
          Copy of updated I-94
          Birth certificate

Insurance\401k proof

Copy of Beneficiary's Employer's insurance page showing petitioner as primary beneficiary
          Beneficiary's fidelity page showing primary beneficiary as petitioner
          Copy of Beneficiary's employers page showing petitioner as wife of the beneficiary
          insurance document from petitioner showing benificary as primary beneficary

USCIS documents

1. All I797's
          2. Interview letter - [ whenever it comes ]
          3. All I-20's
          4. All original passports
          5. All EAD's
          6. I-693 (Medical report) Copy - original already submitted
          7. Birth certificate
          8. proof of biometrics (stamped)

Beneficiary's employment proof

employment letter from employer
          Last two w2's
          last three paystubs

Your list seems sufficient and well-organized, though I would put all the ID documents and USCIS papers before all the evidence of relationship. Mind if I use yours as my guideline for preparing mine? haha
          Hope you get your interview soon!
          PD - 3/2/2018
          Biometrics - sometime in April
          RFIE - 7/3
          Response to RFE received - 7/16
          Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
          EAD is being produced - 9/4
          Combo card in hand - 9/11
          Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
          Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

My responses:

1. http://www.benschersten.com/blog/201...********-chat/
            2. Birth Certificate is not required. Your US Citizen spouse is supposed to show proof of US citizenship. "Best evidence" for that is a US Passport, US Passport card. You want a document that includes a picture. Since US Birth Certificates do not have a picture, then you need an additional piece of evidence to support the US Birth Certificate.

3. This is a great start. It's not about volume. Go through each section and ask yourself whether you are asking USCIS to connect the dots OR if you are breaking down for them, for instance, how you commingle. If you're expecting them to go through your bank statements and say "Oh they pay their utilities from the joint checking. I also see they pay for the car loan out of this account. Their paychecks are direct deposited into the joint checking", you should know that is not their job.

USCIS places the most weight on commingling of finances. They see commingling and think - this marriage is real. When they don't see it, additional scrutiny may or may not happen. I am not saying we must all commingle. Since you commingle, I would really stress that section. Break down the transactions. Look through Emerald 2020's table of contents and you will see she listed the transactions. The idea is not to rewrite your bank statement but to show consistency.
            You could strengthen your insurance section by highlighting on the paystubs the amount that is deducted from your paychecks. If your spouse is listed as emergency contact, you can print that out once a month. Include headers and footers and that will print the URL and the date you printed it.
            You could also do the same and print each month that same page that shows that your spouse is your beneficiary on X Y or Z. This shows consistency. It's easy to change beneficiaries. You can actually change beneficiaries at any time for your 401k, life insurance, etc. For health insurance, yes, you have to wait for the enrollment period, but for the rest, you want USCIS to be sure, that you've had each other as beneficiaries every single month. It may seem redundant to some, but that is the nature of evidence - consistency.

I would also stress the longevity of your relationship by pointing out the dates. Find the oldest document that ties you financially and point that out. For us, it was the car insurance. We met in 06-2016 and I added my husband to my car insurance as a driver on 09-2016. We married 08-2017. To me, that's evidence of trust.
            Another example, you listed "drivers license (which shows our old address)" - There I would say "since MM/DD/YY". Always note the date. They won't do it for you.
            "Copy of Beneficiary's employers page showing petitioner as wife of the beneficiary" since MM/DD/YY.

Remember that in the event that your case is not adjudicated on the spot, then the Table of Contents speaks for you. I would also look into an advance health care directive, and a financial power of attorney/will - all notarized.
            I would not worry about affidavits from people who know you well or who know of you as a couple.

Again, this is my humble opinion. It's not to start some debate. If you find any value in it - awesome. If not, someone else who reads it, might.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

UScitizenFilingforspouse, first of all, thank you. This is fantastic feedback and has given us something to think about and also a gameplan of how to tie things together. I do not have a table of contents yet ( I was planning to create that once I had all the content I need but your inputs have given us some guidance on how we can structure it). My comments inline in bold

2. Birth Certificate is not required. Your US Citizen spouse is supposed to show proof of US citizenship. "Best evidence" for that is a US Passport, US Passport card. You want a document that includes a picture. Since US Birth Certificates do not have a picture, then you need an additional piece of evidence to support the US Birth Certificate. - Thank you ,my wife had applied for her passport renewal and to our surprise, they sent the renewed passport really fast. So that worry is out of the way.

This is a great start. It's not about volume. Go through each section and ask yourself whether you are asking USCIS to connect the dots OR if you are breaking down for them, for instance, how you commingle. If you're expecting them to go through your bank statements and say "Oh they pay their utilities from the joint checking. I also see they pay for the car loan out of this account. Their paychecks are direct deposited into the joint checking", you should know that is not their job.

USCIS places the most weight on commingling of finances. They see commingling and think - this marriage is real. When they don't see it, additional scrutiny may or may not happen. I am not saying we must all commingle. Since you commingle, I would really stress that section. Break down the transactions. Look through Emerald 2020's table of contents and you will see she listed the transactions. The idea is not to rewrite your bank statement but to show consistency. - Great advice again, i was scanning through our statements and i noticed themes like that there are certain things each of us pays for (like i pay for the mortgage and some of the utilities, she pays for the groceries since her credit card provides better rewards and some of the utiltities in her name). Highlighting those will really help establish the common mingling of finances and how we distribute our money usage. Thank you for this.

You could strengthen your insurance section by highlighting on the paystubs the amount that is deducted from your paychecks. If your spouse is listed as emergency contact, you can print that out once a month. Include headers and footers and that will print the URL and the date you printed it. - this unfortunately wont be possible since in my company portal, we just have one page which shows the beneficiaries, there is no option to show by range of time. I can try printing over the next few months and see if the url provides a date time stamp which shows a relationship but i am not sure if its possible. Thank for the idea though.
              You could also do the same and print each month that same page that shows that your spouse is your beneficiary on X Y or Z. This shows consistency. It's easy to change beneficiaries. You can actually change beneficiaries at any time for your 401k, life insurance, etc. For health insurance, yes, you have to wait for the enrollment period, but for the rest, you want USCIS to be sure, that you've had each other as beneficiaries every single month. It may seem redundant to some, but that is the nature of evidence - consistency. - same issue as above, i'll give it a shot but i am not optimistic since thats the way the company page is set up. Thank you for the input though.

I would also stress the longevity of your relationship by pointing out the dates. Find the oldest document that ties you financially and point that out. For us, it was the car insurance. We met in 06-2016 and I added my husband to my car insurance as a driver on 09-2016. We married 08-2017. To me, that's evidence of trust.
              Another example, you listed "drivers license (which shows our old address)" - There I would say "since MM/DD/YY". Always note the date. They won't do it for you.
              "Copy of Beneficiary's employers page showing petitioner as wife of the beneficiary" since MM/DD/YY. - both great pieces of advice, i am thinking rental insurance and being on my wifes car insurance are the earliest pieces of financial trust we can find. Also your input on mentioning the date since is really appreciated as you rightfully mentioned, that tells a story

Remember that in the event that your case is not adjudicated on the spot, then the Table of Contents speaks for you. I would also look into an advance health care directive, and a financial power of attorney/will - all notarized. - thank you, i need to talk to my wife about this and see how we can go about this.

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              My responses:

1. http://www.benschersten.com/blog/201...********-chat/
              2. Birth Certificate is not required. Your US Citizen spouse is supposed to show proof of US citizenship. "Best evidence" for that is a US Passport, US Passport card. You want a document that includes a picture. Since US Birth Certificates do not have a picture, then you need an additional piece of evidence to support the US Birth Certificate.

3. This is a great start. It's not about volume. Go through each section and ask yourself whether you are asking USCIS to connect the dots OR if you are breaking down for them, for instance, how you commingle. If you're expecting them to go through your bank statements and say "Oh they pay their utilities from the joint checking. I also see they pay for the car loan out of this account. Their paychecks are direct deposited into the joint checking", you should know that is not their job.

USCIS places the most weight on commingling of finances. They see commingling and think - this marriage is real. When they don't see it, additional scrutiny may or may not happen. I am not saying we must all commingle. Since you commingle, I would really stress that section. Break down the transactions. Look through Emerald 2020's table of contents and you will see she listed the transactions. The idea is not to rewrite your bank statement but to show consistency.
              You could strengthen your insurance section by highlighting on the paystubs the amount that is deducted from your paychecks. If your spouse is listed as emergency contact, you can print that out once a month. Include headers and footers and that will print the URL and the date you printed it.
              You could also do the same and print each month that same page that shows that your spouse is your beneficiary on X Y or Z. This shows consistency. It's easy to change beneficiaries. You can actually change beneficiaries at any time for your 401k, life insurance, etc. For health insurance, yes, you have to wait for the enrollment period, but for the rest, you want USCIS to be sure, that you've had each other as beneficiaries every single month. It may seem redundant to some, but that is the nature of evidence - consistency.

"Copy of Beneficiary's employers page showing petitioner as wife of the beneficiary" since MM/DD/YY.

Remember that in the event that your case is not adjudicated on the spot, then the Table of Contents speaks for you. I would also look into an advance health care directive, and a financial power of attorney/will - all notarized.
              I would not worry about affidavits from people who know you well or who know of you as a couple.

Again, this is my humble opinion. It's not to start some debate. If you find any value in it - awesome. If not, someone else who reads it, might.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

UScitizenFilingforspouse, first of all, thank you. This is fantastic feedback and has given us something to think about and also a gameplan of how to tie things together. I do not have a table of contents yet ( I was planning to create that once I had all the content I need but your inputs have given us some guidance on how we can structure it). My comments inline in bold
                Awesome! I am glad you found value in the suggestions. Every case is different, as you know. At the risk of belaboring the point, look into the advance health care directive and a financial power of attorney. USCIS takes those seriously.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Guess the time has come..Got a notification today that our interview has been scheduled [ Priority date : October 30th 2017 , Field Office : Seattle] ..now need to translate all of this stuff into an actionable folder.

Comment

Guess the time has come..Got a notification today that our interview has been scheduled [ Priority date : October 30th 2017 , Field Office : Seattle] ..now need to translate all of this stuff into an actionable folder.
                    Excited for your and your spouse. Please keep us updated about your interview.

Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
                    PD: March 22, 2018
                    RD: April 6, 2018
                    Biometrics: April 27, 2018
                    RFE: June 11, 2018
                    RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
                    Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
                    July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
                    August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
                    August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
                    August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
                    September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
                    September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
                    October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
                    November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved

Comment

Congrats! You know the drill... https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...428#post590428

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                        Thank you, working on it, will post the final list of documents shortly

Comment

Thank you, working on it, will post the final list of documents shortly
                          Sure! Here is a fun fact. The current case inquiry date for the Boston, MA office is November 01, 2017 for family based AOS. Current processing times are 4.5 Months to 14.5 Months.

That is why I think they need to implement a regional queue that covers 2 or 3 states and assigns folks to the next available slot. Yes, inconvenient but they would be scheduling the next person in line. There is no reason why the Helena, MT office only handles 50 family based AOS petitions, and has no backlog. ANYWAY... *sigh*

Comment

Finally have the table of contents ready

Hello, Please review this and provide your feedback on this.I had to copy paste this from word since screenshots were not working. Thank you for your inputs!!

____________________________________________________________ _________________

EVIDENCE OF A BONAFIDE MARRIAGE

Please find below the table of contents showing our evidence of a Bona-fide marriage.

TERMINOLOGIES

1. [petitioner name] also known as the Petitioner henceforth
                            2. [beneficiary name] also known as the Beneficiary henceforth

Exhibit 1: EVIDENCE OF CO-MINGLED FINANCES

We primarily use our bank accounts for paying off the mortgage\rent, utilities and credit card bills. We prefer to use our credit cards for most of our purchases to maximize cashback and points for future purchases.

Bank accounts

All Bank accounts have line items highlighted in yellow to show payment for common items (utilities, credit card bills and mortgage payments) and items highlighted in green show incoming paystubs.

1. Joint YYYY checking account [Primary account of the beneficiary]-
                            a. First two pages of the September 2017 statement (August 11th, 2017 to September 13th 2017) to highlight when the petitioner was added to the account
                            b. Transaction history from July 2018 – December 2018 [ For brevity] in reverse chronological order with the statements showing the Beneficiary and the petitioner as joint holders of the account. Highlighted entries show Beneficiary’s payroll deposits, payment for rent and mortgages, payment of utilities and payment for credit card bills
                            2. Joint YYYY Checking account [secondary account of the beneficiary]-Transaction history from Sept 2018-December 2018 in reverse chronological order with the statements showing the Beneficiary and the petitioner as joint holders of the account**. Highlighted entries show Beneficiary’s payroll deposits and credit card payments. We primarily use this account as a secondary checking account
                            **The beneficiary held this account since August 2007, but we never really bothered to start to use this account till recently hence the delay in adding the petitioner (who was added in September 2018)
                            3. YYYY Joint saving account [Petitioner as the primary and the beneficiary as the secondary]
                            a. First two pages of the November 2017 statement to highlight when the Beneficiary was added to the Checking account
                            b. Transaction history from July 2018 – November 2018 [ For brevity] in reverse chronological order. Highlighted entries show payroll deposits [from both the petitioner and the beneficiary and incoming money transfers from both the petitioner and the beneficiary. We primarily use this account as our main savings account due to the high interest rate offered.
                            4. YYYY Checking account [ Primary account of the petitioner] - Transaction history from July 2018-December 2018 in reverse chronological order. Highlighted entries show Petitioner’s payroll deposits and payments for credit card payments and utilities.
                            5. Joint YYYY Checking account [ secondary account of the petitioner] –
                            a. First two pages of the November 2017 statement to highlight when the Beneficiary was added to the Checking account
                            b. Transaction history from July 2018-November 2018 in reverse chronological order with the statements showing the Beneficiary and the petitioner as joint holders of the account. Highlighted entries show church donations and transfers to other bank accounts. We primarily use this as a source of funds for quick access (since it has no ATM fees locally and internationally)

Credit Cards

All Credit card statements have line items highlighted in yellow to show payments for common items

1. YYYY Credit card [ Primary credit card of the petitioner] – Transaction history from July 2018-December 2018 in reverse chronological order. We use it to pay for groceries, travel purchases (Airbnb\flight tickets) and car insurance payments [all common items are highlighted]
                            2. YYYY YYYY Credit card [ Joint Credit Card with the Beneficiary being the primary and the petitioner being an authorized user] –
                            a. Transaction history from July 2018-December 2018 in reverse chronological order. We primarily use it for Groceries, Gas, Costco purchases and restaurants. All relevant purchases common are highlighted.
                            b. A letter from YYYY bank mentioning that the petitioner is an authorized user. This was needed since YYYY credit card statements only specify the name of the primary card holder.
                            3. YYYY Credit card [ Primary credit card of the beneficiary] - Transaction history from July 2018-December 2018 in reverse chronological order. We primarily use it to pay for all Amazon purchases (common and personal), Internet bills and restaurants. All relevant mutual purchases are highlighted in yellow. [ One item is highlighted in green since we had planned to go watch Ant Man and later could not make it and hence had to cancel the ticket and get a refund)

Insurance\401K\Registrations

1. Printout of the Beneficiary’s benefits summary page for 2017, 2018 and 2019 which shows the petitioner as the primary beneficiary to the account [Highlighted in yellow at the bottom of the page on page 2]
                            2. Beneficiary’s fidelity 401K page which shows the petitioner as the primary beneficiary to the 401K account (dated August 16, 2017).
                            3. Petitioner’s xxxx page which shows the beneficiary as the primary recipient
                            4. 403B printout of the petitioner showing the beneficiary as the primary beneficiary
                            5. Property insurance – showing both the petitioner and the beneficiary as being on the property insurance (Highlighted in Yellow on Page 3 of the statement)
                            6. Car Insurance – showing both the petitioner and the beneficiary as being on the car insurance (Highlighted in Yellow on Page 3 of the statements)– The printout shows three statements which shows continuity of insurance starting from September 23rd 2017 going till March 23rd 2019
                            7. Car registration document – showing both the petitioner and the beneficiary on the car registration document

Other co-mingling documents
                            1. YYYY Car Loan – Car loan taken on August xx 2018 for our second car from YYYY Credit Union with both the Petitioner and the beneficiary being on the loan
                            2. 2017 Tax filing – Attached is a copy of our jointly filed 2017 tax return

Exhibit 2: EVIDENCE OF CO-HABITATION from October xx 2016 2016 to date

First address: YYYY ZZZ [ From October xx 2016 to July xx 2017]

1. Copy of the rental agreement from October 22nd 2016 to April 30th 2017 (and Month to month post that) showing the beneficiary and petitioners name on the lease – The rental agreement required us to have a lease till April 30th 2017 (6 months) post which the agreement would continue month to month unless terminated by either party. We were in the apartment till July 19th 2017 post which we moved into our new house
                            2. Email conversations with the landlord to add the petitioner to the lease [Emails dated from October 6th, 2017 – October 7th 2017] – Email conversations with the landlord to add the petitioner to the lease (the beneficiary was already living at above mentioned address since April 2016)
                            3. Email conversations with the landlord confirming sending the signed lease with both the beneficiary and the petitioner’s name added [Emails dated from October 22nd, 2017-October 23rd 2017]
                            4. Email conversations with the landlord confirming our departure from the apartment and a request for final closing formalities [Emails dated from June 15th, 2018 to July 19th 2018]
                            5. Copy of the deposited Check sent by the landlord returning security deposit - The check was made out in both the petitioners and the beneficiary’s name
                            6. Comcast internet bills [from May 13th 2017 to July 7th 2018] which were in the name of the petitioner showing. For brevity, only the first page of each alternate month have been provided
                            7. YYYY checking account statements from 11th August 2017 to July 12th 2018 which show both the beneficiary and the Petitioner at the same address – For brevity, only the first page of each alternate month have been provided
                            8. Scanned copies of the drivers license of the petitioner and beneficiary showing the same address

Second and current Address: YYYY YYYY X [ From July xx 2017 to date]

1. Copy of the title deed for the purchased house with both the Beneficiary and the petitioner’s name on it.
                            2. Beneficiary’s YYYY account statements [ Checking] from July 12th 2018 to December 12th 2018 which show both the beneficiary and the Petitioner at the same address
                            3. Petitioners YYYY savings account statements from November 30th 2018 to July 30th 2018 which show both the Petitioner and the beneficiary at the same address – For brevity, only the first have been provided of each monthly statement
                            4. Home owner’s insurance with a date of inception of 06/xx/18 which shows both the beneficiary and the petitioners name
                            5. Receipts of various purchases made by the beneficiary and the petitioner on Amazon which show the house address
                            6. Proof of address change from USCIS from beneficiary [ AR-11 form confirmation]
                            7. Proof of address change from USCIS from petitioner
                            8. Waste management bills in petitioners name for the above-mentioned house address [From August 1st 2018 to January 31st 2019]– There are two bills since the billing is every 3 months
                            9. YYYY Water bill in petitioners and beneficiary’s name showing house address -– Presenting two bills from October and December for brevity
                            10. xxxxx energy in the beneficiary’s name showing the house address - Presenting three bills from October, November and December for brevity

Also present are some of the cards received by both of us from friends and family at our above-mentioned addresses. We neglected to store the envelopes which contained the addresses but have enclosed the cards which were addressed to both of us.

Exhibit 3: EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP

We first met in 2010 in the University of YYYY . We remained friends for several years keeping in touch in person, via email, chat (********, Yahoo messenger, Google chat) , finally started dating in November of 2015 and got engaged in August of 2016 and got married on July xx, 2017. Given below is the table of contents of the evidence presented of our relationship over the years

1. Visual representation of our relationship together
                            2. Selected Photos together (and with friends and family) over the years 2011- to date
                            3. Tickets and receipts of major trips taken together
                            1. Airbnb receipt to of our hiking trip to YYYY , August 26th -28th 2016- Got engaged there
                            2. xxxx vacation to YYYY X [Attached are the hotel and xxxx tours receipt] December 22nd-23rd 2016 - Our first trip abroad
                            3. Airbnb receipt of our visit to YYYY XX, May 28th to 29th 2017 - Went to meet some of petitioner’s family
                            4. Visit to YYYY X [ Flight tickets attached] July 24rthrth to Aug 12th, 2017 - Post wedding trip to meet the beneficiary’s extended family and see a bit of India
                            5. Flight tickets to YYYY and Airbnb in YYYY [ December 14th – December 21st, 2017] - Our delayed honeymoon
                            6. Flight tickets\Airbnb receipts for YYYY X and Airbnb in YYYY X, March 23rd to April 8th 2018 – This was a family trip to see the beneficiary’s sister who studies in YYYY and also visit YYYY as a part of the extended vacation
                            7. Hotel tickets for our first anniversary celebrated at YYYY X, July xx to xx 2018
                            8. [Upcoming trip] Airbnb receipt for a family trip in YYYY XX– July 2nd to July 7th, 2019
                            4. Chat conversation logs and Social Media presence [ ******** screenshots \selected emails\ Google hangouts conversations] spanning from 2011 to date*

* there are some gaps since we used yahoo messenger for communicating and yahoo messenger is no longer available to restore chats from there

Exhibit 4: EVIDENCE OF WEDDING

We got married on July xx, 2017 at the YYYY ZZZ with about 110 people in attendance. Post the wedding, we flew down to YYYY where we had a small reception for about 150 people on July xx, 2017 in YYYY so that the beneficiary’s relatives and friends could meet the petitioner. Given below is the table of contents of the evidence presented of a bona-fide wedding

Wedding in the United states
                            YYYY YYYY - address

1. Pre-wedding activities
                            a. Receipt of payment of the engagement ring purchased by the beneficiary
                            b. Receipt of payment of the wedding bands purchased by the beneficiary and the petitioner in person
                            c. Photography [ paid by the beneficiary]
                            i. Email conversations with YYYY asking him to photograph our wedding [ email conversations date from November 21 2016 to Dec 9th 2016]
                            ii. Scanned contract of the signed agreement with the photographer agreeing to his services and the amount to the paid
                            d. Catering [ paid by the petitioner’s parents]
                            i. Email from YYYY showing the updated contract and planned schedule for catering [ Dated July xxth 2017]
                            ii. Catering contract showing the planned menu
                            e. Wedding website [screenshots]
                            f. Save the date card (original and copy)
                            g. Wedding invitation sent to all our guests (original and copy)
                            h. Wedding registry [zola.com] screenshot
                            i. Flight tickets for beneficiary's father to fly down from xxxx to xxxx to attend the wedding [paid by the beneficiary]
                            j. Flight tickets for the beneficiary's brother and sister in law to fly down from xxx to Seattle to attend the wedding [ Paid for by the beneficiary’s brother]
                            k. Airbnb reservation receipt for the night before the wedding for the beneficiary and his father to stay in

2. Wedding day activities
                            a. Photographs
                            b. Wedding certificate signed by the pastor and two witness (copy and original)
                            c. Marriage license signed by the beneficiary, the petitioner, the pastor and two witnesses (copy and original)
                            d. Reservation for the petitioner and the beneficiary (newly wedded!) to spend the night at xxxxxx
                            3. Post wedding activities
                            a. Photographs of brunch at the petitioner’s parents’ home for close family and friends – this is a custom of the petitioner’s family where the bride’s parents would host brunch the next day for close family and friends enabling the newly wedded couple to relax, eat some food and open gifts

Reception in country xxxxx
                            Xxxxx - address

1. Wedding reception invitation [e-invite] – Printout
                            2. Selected photographs from the wedding reception

Exhibit 5: POWER OF ATTORNEY

All documents have been notarized

1. General power of attorney for the beneficiary
                            2. Healthcare power of attorney for the beneficiary
                            3. General power of attorney for the petitioner
                            4. Health care power of attorney for the petitioner

Exhibit 6: EVIDENCE OF JOINT ACCOUNTS

1. Costco: Screenshot of the Costco account page online and copies of our Costco membership card showing the same account number
                            2. Amazon Prime account: Screenshot of the Amazon prime family page showing the shared account between the beneficiary and the petitioner’s mother ( YYYY ZZZ)
                            3. Consumer cellular mobile bill [ 3 statements]– Mobile bill for consumer cellular showing the shared account with data, minutes and texting split across the petitioner, beneficiary and the petitioners’ parents (xxxx and xxxxx)
                            4. AAA Joint Membership – AAA Membership renewal information which shows the petitioner as the primary and the beneficiary as the secondary

Exhibit 7: EMPLOYMENT AND PROOF OF FINANCIAL ABILITY

Petitioner

1. Employment letter from xxxxx (Dated November 2018 – She received a new position and pay rise that cycle)
                            2. Last three W2’s (2018,2017 and 2016)
                            3. Last five paystubs (her pay cycle is bi-weekly) – This would include the pay stubs for the entire months of November and December

Beneficiary

1. Employment letter from xxxxx (Dated January 2019)
                            2. Last three W2’s (2018,2017 and 2016(There are two W2’s for the year 2016))
                            3. Last six paystubs (his pay cycle is twice every month on the 15th and the last working day of the month)

Common documents
                            1. Tax filing from the year 2017 – We filed our taxes together as married and filing jointly.

Exhibit 8: PROOF OF IDENTITY

Petitioner

1. US Passport -Renewed on **** **** – [Original and a copy]
                            2. Birth certificate [ Original and a copy]
                            3. Enhanced driver’s license - [Original and a copy]

Beneficiary

1. All xxxxx passports – [ Original and copies (of all pages)]
                            2. US driver’s license – [ Original and a copy]
                            3. Copy of the latest I-94
                            4. Birth Certificate (Original and a copy)

Exhibit 9: USCIS DOCUMENTS RECEIVED TO DATE BY THE BENEFICIARY

1. All i797’s (Original and copies)
                            2. Interview letter (Original)
                            3. All I-20’s (Original and copies)
                            4. Color copies of all US Visas received to date – Originals can be found in the passports.
                            5. EAD received by the beneficiary during his OPT in 2011 – [ Original and a copy]
                            6. Adjustment of status EAD\AP card – received in 2017 – [ Original and a copy]
                            7. I-693 (Medical report) Copy – The original was already submitted when filing for Adjustment of status.
                            8. Stamped Biometrics (originals) for the I-485 and the I-765 (for the EAD card during adjustment of status) – [Original and copy]z
                            Last edited by seattlefiler2017; 01-05-2019, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Bouncing this thread back to visibility. Please provide feedback on the table of contents in the post below. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X