Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview experience- Charlotte field office

Hello everyone!

First off, I would really like to thank everyone who contributed to answering my questions and to those who asked the questions that I thought I didn't have.

Specially UScitizenFilingforspouse! No words can say how thankful I am for finding your posts about TOC and for followed your advices. I always used to say that knowledge has to be shared and always tried to do it. But ?meeting? you, makes me see how you are above and beyond that. Inspires me seeing you donating your time to help us.

Good luck and all the best to those still on AOS process!

We had our interview last Nov 26.

PD 04/10/2018

Interview date: 11/26/2018

Field office: Charlotte, North Carolina

We met on Aug of 2013, got married on May of 2015 and I came to US on October of 2017 and we decided to apply for my AOS. So, we have been living apart and visiting each other for about 2 years.

We didn?t front load much evidence and we received a RFIE about I-864 and with that answer, we sent a lot of financial document showing that we commingled finances.

We brought 3 binders and one photo album with 350 pictures.

1) All Civil documents/ USCIS Forms/ USCIS Receipts/ All originals of register of deeds and important documents
    2) Copy of response to RFIE
    3) Evidence of Bona fide Marriage (around 1.800 sheets)

Interview experience:

Our interview was at 10:45am. We went there at 09:45am and stayed at car until we could go inside the building. We entered the building 30 min before the appointment, went through security check and then sent inside a room full of people waiting to be called. We did our check in and were directed to another room were people were being called to be interviewed.

Around 11:10am the IO came to the lobby, looked to our faces and said: I guess you are the Doe?s? Than we walked to him and he smiled when he saw our binders and said: Look like you are very well prepared! (at this point I felt more confident because he recognized our effort)
    Inside his office he first introduced himself and said: I know how hard is four you to be here and I want to make everything simple and easy, it?s all about you. Depends on you how hard or easy it will be.
    He was kind, with an open face and we just relaxed a little bit.
    The IO first swore us in and then asked for our IDs- I gave my passports, EAD, DL, and SSN, my husband handed his DL- then did my biometrics.

He said he was going to verify some information on our application forms and then went through the I-130 with my husband and the I-485 with me. He most read the information and asked us if it was correct then asked us to tell the information. So, it was easier then I expect to be.

He started with the Yes/ No questions and asked me ALL the questions! I was surprised because reading other people interview?s experiences they said it was just some of the questions, I?ve answered all- LOL! And he did NOT read the questions, he knew ALL, we were impressed!! That part makes our interview longer.

After that he asked us to tell our love story (I?ve asked him who should answer it and he said it doesn?t matter) so, we told him everything together. He never asked us one question about our relationship, marriage, etc.
    He then said: Let?s see what you brought to me.
    My husband handed him our photo album and the IO was delighted with our pictures (since we were living a part for 2 years, we?ve been traveling a lot, A LOT! Lol)
    IO took some pictures (around 5, maybe) and returned the album for us.
    I gave the huge binder with all evidence organized with the Table of Contents and he smiled again.
    I started explaining him about each evidence and he clearly was not interested on my explanation (at that point I knew he already have decided to approve us, it was clearly on his face)
    He then took the whole binder and said that was more than enough.

So, he asked us to sign some forms and said that he was going to APPROVED us!
    He said that our organization make his job much easier and thanked us for that.
    We were so happy and relieved that I never asked for a letter or stamp on my passport or about 10 years Green Card, we just thank him A LOT and left the building happy for leaving the huge binder behind us, LOL.
    Our interview lasted around 40 minutes.

Since we were approved on the spot, I was waiting for the app update and text message soon after interview (silly girl!!), I?ve never received that?
    So, I was checking app, DHS website, my text messages, USPS Informed delivery, etc., as a crazy person and nothing for 4 long days!

On 11/30, We had 6 mail pieces without image on USPS Informed delivery that I did not payed much attention since we haven?t received any update on our case, and when the mail arrived our approval letters were there, simply like that, without ANY update. Off course we were happy and relieved.

On 12/01 I received all text messages and app update saying case approved and CARD WAS MAILED TO ME!!!!

Right now, we are super happy waiting for my card and planning Christmas with family in our home country. Yayyyyy!!

Table of Contents case MSC YYYY YYYY ZZZ

Applicant to AOS: YYYY YYYY YYYY ZZZ

Petitioner Sponsor: YYYY YYYY YYYY XX

ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE OF BONA FIDE MARRIAGE

EXHIBIT 1: EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL COMMINGLING

JOINT TAX RETURN

*Copy of IRS 2017 Record of Account showing Married Filing Joint status.

*Copy of IRS 2017 Tax Return Transcript

JOINT ASSETS

*Copy of North Carolina General Warranty Deed showing both names as owners for our lot at YYYY YYYY XX since 06/21/2017.

*Copy of North Carolina General Warranty Deed showing both names as owners for our house at YYYY XX since 08/03/2017

*Copy of tax and plat showing both names as owners for our lot at YYYY YYYY ZZZ, since 08/03/2017.

JOINT MORTGAGE

*Special Power of Attorney from Spouse Beneficiary to Petitioner making him attorney-in-fact to sign mortgage contract with YYYY YYYY YYYY X signed on 07/28/2017.

*Deed of Trust copy for YYYY YYYY YYYY X with YYYY YYYY XX mortgage signed on 08/03/2017

* Copy of Deed of Trust for YYYY YYYY XX with UNITED FEDERAL CREDIT UNION refinance on 05/02/2018

JOINT BANK STATEMENT-

* Screenshot of Bank of America joint account information showing both names as bank account holders.

*Copy of last 12 months statements from Joint checking account with Bank of America showing debit for house expenses since October/2017.

*Copy of United Federal Credit Union debit card for both as bank account holders.

* Copy of last 6 months statements from Joint checking account with United Federal Credit Union showing mortgage monthly payments since May/2018

*Copy of some statements from Spouse beneficiary personal checking account showing highlighted transfers from Petitioner to Spouse and from Spouse to Petitioner since June/2017.

* Copy of Wire transfers receipts showing international transfers from Spouse Beneficiary to Petitioner, since June/2017.

JOINT CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD

*Screenshot of Capital One personal account information showing Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary as account users.

* Copy of Capital One personal credit card for both users with no limited set spending.

* Copy of Capital One business credit card for both users with no limited set spending.

*Copy of last 6 months statements from Capital One credit card showing both users daily basis expenses since April/2018.

SPOUSE BENEFICIARY NEW JOB

*Spouse Beneficiary Job Contract showing Joint Bank account as choice for direct deposit, since November/2018.

EXHIBIT 2: EVIDENCE OF COHABITATION

DRIVER LICENSE

*Copy of our driver licenses showing same address

ELECTRICITY

*Screenshot of DUKE Online Account Registration showing both cellphone and e-mail of Petitioner and Spouse as the account information.

INTERNET

*Screenshot of Spectrum Online Account Registration showing both cellphone and e-mail of Petitioner and Spouse as the account information and Spouse as authorized user.

MAIL AT THE SAME ADDRESS

*Mails addressed for both Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary since July/2017.

*USPS INFORMED DELIVERY- Copies of several mails delivered to both Petitioner and Spouse at the same address (Evidence of receiving mail at same address and having unrestricted access to each other mail trough USPS Informed delivery account) since April/ 2018

JOINT INSURANCE

*Copy of Geico Insurance Card for 3 vehicles

* Screenshot of GEICO Online Account showing Petitioner and Spouse as Insured and Co-Insured in the account information.

*Copy of letter from GEICO showing listed drivers insureds.

JOINT MEMBERSHIPS

* Screenshot of Sam?s Club Online Account Registration showing Spouse as additional cardholder since March /2017.

*Copy of Sam?s Club membership cards for both users since March/2017

* Screenshot of Amazon Prime Account Registration showing Petitioner and Spouse beneficiary as households and shared credit cards.

MAPS AND PICTURES OF OUR HOUSE

*Maps showing house location

*Colored picture of our home with us.

Exhibit 3: EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP

RELATIONSHIP TIMELINE FROM 2013 TO PRESENT

*How, when and where it all began

DELTA EMPLOYEE TRAVEL HISTORY

*Screenshot of Delta Air Lines employee authorized pass riders showing spouse as beneficiary of Travel Pass. Delta authorize spouse to receive flight benefits after having marriage license.

*Register made from DELTA Air Lines showing all trips made by Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary together and to visit each other, since November/2014.

TRIPS TOGETHER AND FAMILY VISITS

*Several flight tickets, hotels, Airbnb?s reservations, and receipts from trips together, with friends and family since 2013. Trips payed with Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary credit cards since October/2013.

WEDDING INVITATION

*Wedding invitation from Spouse Beneficiary?s Sister in Dublin- Ireland.

JOINT CELPHONE ACCOUNT

* Screenshot of SPRINT Online Account Registration showing both cellphone and e-mail of Petitioner and Spouse as the account information.

*Copy of last 11 months of bills showing both names listed as users and highlights of calls made from Petitioner to Spouse Beneficiary and vice versa showing daily basis calls, since June/2017.

ON LINE CHAT GROUPS

* Screenshot of ******** Groups showing both Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary being part of spouse family groups together.

*Screenshot of Petitioner family ******** group since June/2015

*Screenshot of Petitioner parents, uncles and cousins ******** group since December/2017

*Screenshot of Spouse Beneficiary ******** group since October/2015

******** PICTURES AND TAGS

*Several pictures from family and friends ******** showing Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary being part of their life since October/2013

*Spouse Beneficiary Job Contract showing Petitioner and Brother in Law as emergency contacts since November/2018

Prepared by:

YYYY YYYY YYYY

Petitioner

YYYY YYYY ZZZ

Spouse Beneficiary
    Last edited by ALMThere; 12-03-2018, 12:16 PM.
    NC- Charlotte Field Office
    C9 concurrent filing
    04/10/2018 - Priority date.
    04/18- 3 Email/Text not
    04/23- NOA letters - by mail.
    04/26 - Bio Notice for 05/09.
    05/09 - Bio completed
    08/13 - RFIE Received
    08/31 - RFIE mailed
    09/04- RFIE response was received
    10/18 - Case is ready to be schedule
    10/22 - Interview was Scheduled
    11/26 - Inteview
    11/30 - Approval letters
    12/01 - Card was mailed
    12/06/2018 - 10 years Green Card received

Congrats!

Congratulations! Which visa where you adjusting from ? :0

Comment

Originally posted by FilingPerson1 View Post
      Congratulations! Which visa where you adjusting from ? :0
      Thank you very much!

I applied under C9 category.
      But I’ve come to USA using a B2 visa.
      C9 concurrent filing
      04/18- 3 Email/Text not
      05/09 - Bio completed
      08/13 - RFIE Received
      08/31 - RFIE mailed
      11/26 - Inteview
      11/30 - Approval letters
      12/01 - Card was mailed

Comment

Congratulations! You were so diligent preparing your evidence. Of course, it paid off!
        The TOC is very well organized. I liked how you added dates “since MM/DD/YY” to most items. That showcases the longevity of your relationship.

Luck is the intersection between preparation & opportunity. You prepared for this opportunity to show USCIS the bona fixes of your marriage and that’s what some call LUCK.

All the best to you!

USCFFS

Comment

So much greatness! Congrats 100 times over ! I enjoyed reading through. Don’t mind me as I steal your table of content and add some few idea to mine ** ENJOY !!!
          C9 Spouse of USC
          NYC Filer
          04/13/18 - PD
          05/04/18 - Bio notice
          05/23/18 - Bio completed
          09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
          09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
          10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
          10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
          10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
          10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
          10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
          11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
          11/26/18 - NOA for I765
          11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
          12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
            Congratulations! You were so diligent preparing your evidence. Of course, it paid off!
            The TOC is very well organized. I liked how you added dates “since MM/DD/YY” to most items. That showcases the longevity of your relationship.

Luck is the intersection between preparation & opportunity. You prepared for this opportunity to show USCIS the bona fixes of your marriage and that’s what some call LUCK.

All the best to you!

USCFFS
            Thank you very much for everything again and again!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
            So much greatness! Congrats 100 times over ! I enjoyed reading through. Don’t mind me as I steal your table of content and add some few idea to mine ** ENJOY !!!
            Thank you!!! I’m glad you enjoyed it! And I don’t mind at all!
            I did the same with others experience lol

- - - Updated - - -

10 year Green Card received today!
            C9 concurrent filing
            04/18- 3 Email/Text not
            05/09 - Bio completed
            08/13 - RFIE Received
            08/31 - RFIE mailed
            11/26 - Inteview
            11/30 - Approval letters
            12/01 - Card was mailed

Comment

Originally posted by ALMThere View Post
              Hello everyone!

First off, I would really like to thank everyone who contributed to answering my questions and to those who asked the questions that I thought I didn't have.

Specially UScitizenFilingforspouse! No words can say how thankful I am for finding your posts about TOC and for followed your advices. I always used to say that knowledge has to be shared and always tried to do it. But ?meeting? you, makes me see how you are above and beyond that. Inspires me seeing you donating your time to help us.

Good luck and all the best to those still on AOS process!

We had our interview last Nov 26.

PD 04/10/2018

Interview date: 11/26/2018

Field office: Charlotte, North Carolina

We met on Aug of 2013, got married on May of 2015 and I came to US on October of 2017 and we decided to apply for my AOS. So, we have been living apart and visiting each other for about 2 years.

We didn?t front load much evidence and we received a RFIE about I-864 and with that answer, we sent a lot of financial document showing that we commingled finances.

We brought 3 binders and one photo album with 350 pictures.

1) All Civil documents/ USCIS Forms/ USCIS Receipts/ All originals of register of deeds and important documents
              2) Copy of response to RFIE
              3) Evidence of Bona fide Marriage (around 1.800 sheets)

Interview experience:

Our interview was at 10:45am. We went there at 09:45am and stayed at car until we could go inside the building. We entered the building 30 min before the appointment, went through security check and then sent inside a room full of people waiting to be called. We did our check in and were directed to another room were people were being called to be interviewed.

Around 11:10am the IO came to the lobby, looked to our faces and said: I guess you are the Doe?s? Than we walked to him and he smiled when he saw our binders and said: Look like you are very well prepared! (at this point I felt more confident because he recognized our effort)
              Inside his office he first introduced himself and said: I know how hard is four you to be here and I want to make everything simple and easy, it?s all about you. Depends on you how hard or easy it will be.
              He was kind, with an open face and we just relaxed a little bit.
              The IO first swore us in and then asked for our IDs- I gave my passports, EAD, DL, and SSN, my husband handed his DL- then did my biometrics.

He said he was going to verify some information on our application forms and then went through the I-130 with my husband and the I-485 with me. He most read the information and asked us if it was correct then asked us to tell the information. So, it was easier then I expect to be.

He started with the Yes/ No questions and asked me ALL the questions! I was surprised because reading other people interview?s experiences they said it was just some of the questions, I?ve answered all- LOL! And he did NOT read the questions, he knew ALL, we were impressed!! That part makes our interview longer.

After that he asked us to tell our love story (I?ve asked him who should answer it and he said it doesn?t matter) so, we told him everything together. He never asked us one question about our relationship, marriage, etc.
              He then said: Let?s see what you brought to me.
              My husband handed him our photo album and the IO was delighted with our pictures (since we were living a part for 2 years, we?ve been traveling a lot, A LOT! Lol)
              IO took some pictures (around 5, maybe) and returned the album for us.
              I gave the huge binder with all evidence organized with the Table of Contents and he smiled again.
              I started explaining him about each evidence and he clearly was not interested on my explanation (at that point I knew he already have decided to approve us, it was clearly on his face)
              He then took the whole binder and said that was more than enough.

So, he asked us to sign some forms and said that he was going to APPROVED us!
              He said that our organization make his job much easier and thanked us for that.
              We were so happy and relieved that I never asked for a letter or stamp on my passport or about 10 years Green Card, we just thank him A LOT and left the building happy for leaving the huge binder behind us, LOL.
              Our interview lasted around 40 minutes.

Since we were approved on the spot, I was waiting for the app update and text message soon after interview (silly girl!!), I?ve never received that?
              So, I was checking app, DHS website, my text messages, USPS Informed delivery, etc., as a crazy person and nothing for 4 long days!

On 11/30, We had 6 mail pieces without image on USPS Informed delivery that I did not payed much attention since we haven?t received any update on our case, and when the mail arrived our approval letters were there, simply like that, without ANY update. Off course we were happy and relieved.

On 12/01 I received all text messages and app update saying case approved and CARD WAS MAILED TO ME!!!!

Right now, we are super happy waiting for my card and planning Christmas with family in our home country. Yayyyyy!!

Table of Contents case MSC YYYY YYYY ZZZ

Applicant to AOS: YYYY YYYY YYYY ZZZ

Petitioner Sponsor: YYYY YYYY YYYY XX

ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE OF BONA FIDE MARRIAGE

EXHIBIT 1: EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL COMMINGLING

JOINT TAX RETURN

*Copy of IRS 2017 Record of Account showing Married Filing Joint status.

*Copy of IRS 2017 Tax Return Transcript

JOINT ASSETS

*Copy of North Carolina General Warranty Deed showing both names as owners for our lot at YYYY YYYY XX since 06/21/2017.

*Copy of North Carolina General Warranty Deed showing both names as owners for our house at YYYY XX since 08/03/2017

*Copy of tax and plat showing both names as owners for our lot at YYYY YYYY ZZZ, since 08/03/2017.

JOINT MORTGAGE

*Special Power of Attorney from Spouse Beneficiary to Petitioner making him attorney-in-fact to sign mortgage contract with YYYY YYYY YYYY X signed on 07/28/2017.

*Deed of Trust copy for YYYY YYYY YYYY X with YYYY YYYY XX mortgage signed on 08/03/2017

* Copy of Deed of Trust for YYYY YYYY XX with UNITED FEDERAL CREDIT UNION refinance on 05/02/2018

JOINT BANK STATEMENT-

* Screenshot of Bank of America joint account information showing both names as bank account holders.

*Copy of last 12 months statements from Joint checking account with Bank of America showing debit for house expenses since October/2017.

*Copy of United Federal Credit Union debit card for both as bank account holders.

* Copy of last 6 months statements from Joint checking account with United Federal Credit Union showing mortgage monthly payments since May/2018

*Copy of some statements from Spouse beneficiary personal checking account showing highlighted transfers from Petitioner to Spouse and from Spouse to Petitioner since June/2017.

* Copy of Wire transfers receipts showing international transfers from Spouse Beneficiary to Petitioner, since June/2017.

JOINT CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD

*Screenshot of Capital One personal account information showing Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary as account users.

* Copy of Capital One personal credit card for both users with no limited set spending.

* Copy of Capital One business credit card for both users with no limited set spending.

*Copy of last 6 months statements from Capital One credit card showing both users daily basis expenses since April/2018.

*Spouse Beneficiary Job Contract showing Joint Bank account as choice for direct deposit, since November/2018.

EXHIBIT 2: EVIDENCE OF COHABITATION

DRIVER LICENSE

*Copy of our driver licenses showing same address

ELECTRICITY

*Screenshot of DUKE Online Account Registration showing both cellphone and e-mail of Petitioner and Spouse as the account information.

INTERNET

*Screenshot of Spectrum Online Account Registration showing both cellphone and e-mail of Petitioner and Spouse as the account information and Spouse as authorized user.

MAIL AT THE SAME ADDRESS

*Mails addressed for both Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary since July/2017.

*USPS INFORMED DELIVERY- Copies of several mails delivered to both Petitioner and Spouse at the same address (Evidence of receiving mail at same address and having unrestricted access to each other mail trough USPS Informed delivery account) since April/ 2018

JOINT INSURANCE

*Copy of Geico Insurance Card for 3 vehicles

* Screenshot of GEICO Online Account showing Petitioner and Spouse as Insured and Co-Insured in the account information.

*Copy of letter from GEICO showing listed drivers insureds.

JOINT MEMBERSHIPS

* Screenshot of Sam?s Club Online Account Registration showing Spouse as additional cardholder since March /2017.

*Copy of Sam?s Club membership cards for both users since March/2017

* Screenshot of Amazon Prime Account Registration showing Petitioner and Spouse beneficiary as households and shared credit cards.

MAPS AND PICTURES OF OUR HOUSE

*Maps showing house location

*Colored picture of our home with us.

Exhibit 3: EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP

RELATIONSHIP TIMELINE FROM 2013 TO PRESENT

*How, when and where it all began

DELTA EMPLOYEE TRAVEL HISTORY

*Screenshot of Delta Air Lines employee authorized pass riders showing spouse as beneficiary of Travel Pass. Delta authorize spouse to receive flight benefits after having marriage license.

*Register made from DELTA Air Lines showing all trips made by Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary together and to visit each other, since November/2014.

TRIPS TOGETHER AND FAMILY VISITS

*Several flight tickets, hotels, Airbnb?s reservations, and receipts from trips together, with friends and family since 2013. Trips payed with Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary credit cards since October/2013.

WEDDING INVITATION

*Wedding invitation from Spouse Beneficiary?s Sister in Dublin- Ireland.

JOINT CELPHONE ACCOUNT

* Screenshot of SPRINT Online Account Registration showing both cellphone and e-mail of Petitioner and Spouse as the account information.

*Copy of last 11 months of bills showing both names listed as users and highlights of calls made from Petitioner to Spouse Beneficiary and vice versa showing daily basis calls, since June/2017.

ON LINE CHAT GROUPS

* Screenshot of ******** Groups showing both Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary being part of spouse family groups together.

*Screenshot of Petitioner family ******** group since June/2015

*Screenshot of Petitioner parents, uncles and cousins ******** group since December/2017

*Screenshot of Spouse Beneficiary ******** group since October/2015

******** PICTURES AND TAGS

*Several pictures from family and friends ******** showing Petitioner and Spouse Beneficiary being part of their life since October/2013

*Spouse Beneficiary Job Contract showing Petitioner and Brother in Law as emergency contacts since November/2018

Prepared by:

YYYY YYYY YYYY

Petitioner

YYYY YYYY ZZZ

Spouse Beneficiary

Congratulation!! This is very thorough. As I am building my table of contents now, I really appreciate some good ideas in your package.

Just a simple question, when you put evidence together in a binder, did you use a sheet protectors or just pile them by section divider?

Thank you and congratulations again!
              C(9) Adjustment of status from F1
              Providence RI
              08-03-18 PD
              08-10-18 Check Cashed Date
              09-06-18 Biometrics
              11-15-18 Courtesy letter was issued
              11-28-18 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
              12-18-18 EAD: New card is being produced
              12-20-18 EAD/AP Approval Notices
              12-26-18 Picked up EAD/AP from post office
              01-04-19 Interview was scheduled