Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My AOS Interview (Jacksonville,FL)

Hey everyone!

This forum helped me a lot so wanted to return the favor by sharing my interview experience and the evidence package I took with me. In case anyone wondering my initial submission, I can share that as well but there are plenty of examples out there.

First of all in case you haven't checked it yet, check out this post, it is super detailed:

I had two folders, one with my original vital documents and necessary extras (my wife also brought hers). The other was the folder with following stuff:

(Petitioner (P): My wife, Beneficiary(B): Myself)

Exhibit 1 (Vital Documents):
    • Copy of petitioner’s birth certificate, passport bio page, and driver’s license
    • Copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate, passport bio page, and F-1 visa with most recent entry stamp page
    • Copy of beneficiary’s expired EAD
    • Copy of the beneficiary’s previous passport and F-1 visa
    • Copy of marriage certificate

Exhibit 2 (Proof of Sustained Non-Immigrant F-1 status):
    • Printout of I-94 record and travel history
    • Copy of beneficiary’s Form I-20

Exhibit 3 (Additional Proof of Bona Fide Marriage not included in the Original Submission):
    • Joint car insurance from YYYY for both cars owned by beneficiary and petitioner
    • Joint health insurance where beneficiary is listed as a dependent on the petitioner’s insurance
    • Petitioner’s life insurance where MYSELF is designated as the primary beneficiary (contingent beneficiary being petitioner’s brother ……..)
    • Bank statements from XXBank for joint checking and savings accounts
    • Updated apartment lease contract (2018) with petitioner’s new last name
    • Joint utility bills from Conservice and Xfinity
    • Confirmation of the booking from the YYYY YYYY X for the wedding in YYYY 2019, and Save the Date (in my language and in English)
    • (Updated) Photos documenting good faith marriage and relationship of petitioner and beneficiary.
    • ******** screenshots which shows the conversations between P and one of B’s best friends AAAA before the proposal. The speech B delivered to P’s dad to get his blessing before proposing can also be seen here.

Exhibit 4 (Proof of Petitioner’s Income):
    • Employment verification letter for the petitioner
    • Printouts of the petitioner’s most recent two month’s pay stubs
    • Copies of IRS receipts from 2017,2016 and 2015
    • Copies of W2s from 2017 and 2016

Exhibit 5 (Proof of Bona Fide Marriage (Submitted with the original package)):
    • Rental apartment lease documents showing joint household (2017 and 2016)
    • Rental insurance for the same apartment (2018, 2017, and 2016)
    • Affidavits from petitioner’s parents and beneficiary’s Ph.D. advisor (and honorary wedding officiant)
    • Receipt for the engagement ring from xxxx store
    • ******** screenshot showing the date the couple added each other as friends and conversations between petitioner and beneficiary on different occasions throughout relationship
    • ******** screenshot of engagement announcement post with celebratory comments from families and friends
    • Documentation (Airbnb receipts, plane tickets) showing some of the international and domestic trips (add copies, receipts, tickets) taken by beneficiary and petitioner
    • Bank transactions between the personal accounts of the petitioner and the beneficiary for a period of 15 months

It is nice to have additional evidence with you, it shows you are still working to build a life together. Also DEFINITELY practice before you go to your interview, depending on your case IO might get serious and ask random questions so be prepared, you can just google possible questions.

Well after a long wait our IO invited us inside, we swore to tell the truth and turned off our phones. Honestly, IO mostly talked to my wife, how we met, where we met, when did we get married. He asked why did we get married in a different city at a courthouse which we practiced before (less stress, another friend also did it etc.). He asked me about what I do, when did we get married (he asked this question a lot like 4 times). He asked me about my family, my city etc. So nothing really unusual. The only stressful part is I never knew if I said enough or I talk too much, couldn't really read his face. However after about 30 minutes he said he doesn't want to hold us any longer and I got approved!

I can say that front load your evidence, send everything that can help. Try not to send 150 pictures but joint activities, pictures with families, joint financial responsibilities help a long way (I believe so since I'm not an officer). I organized my folders really well which I believe helped somewhat, try not to rush that.

So that's pretty much it, if you have any other questions please let me know, I would be glad to answer!
    Marriage based AOS

Concurrent filing for I 130, I 485 and I 765
    Florida

09/19/18; PD
    09/26/18; checks cashed, USCIS text received
    10/01/18; NOAs received
    10/19/18; Biometrics letter
    10/22/18; Biometrics (early walk-in)
    10/24/18; Interview Scheduled (Notice)
    10/29/18; Interview Scheduled (Mail received)
    11/28/18; The Interview, approval on spot
    12/06/18; GC in hand

Originally posted by gradstudent2018 View Post
    Hey everyone!

This forum helped me a lot so wanted to return the favor by sharing my interview experience and the evidence package I took with me. In case anyone wondering my initial submission, I can share that as well but there are plenty of examples out there.

First of all in case you haven't checked it yet, check out this post, it is super detailed:

I had two folders, one with my original vital documents and necessary extras (my wife also brought hers). The other was the folder with following stuff:

• Copy of petitioner’s birth certificate, passport bio page, and driver’s license
    • Copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate, passport bio page, and F-1 visa with most recent entry stamp page

Exhibit 3 (Additional Proof of Bona Fide Marriage not included in the Original Submission):
    • Joint car insurance from YYYY for both cars owned by beneficiary and petitioner
    • Joint health insurance where beneficiary is listed as a dependent on the petitioner’s insurance
    • Petitioner’s life insurance where MYSELF is designated as the primary beneficiary (contingent beneficiary being petitioner’s brother ……..)
    • Confirmation of the booking from the YYYY YYYY X for the wedding in YYYY 2019, and Save the Date (in my language and in English)
    • (Updated) Photos documenting good faith marriage and relationship of petitioner and beneficiary.
    • ******** screenshots which shows the conversations between P and one of B’s best friends AAAA before the proposal. The speech B delivered to P’s dad to get his blessing before proposing can also be seen here.

• Affidavits from petitioner’s parents and beneficiary’s Ph.D. advisor (and honorary wedding officiant)
    • ******** screenshot showing the date the couple added each other as friends and conversations between petitioner and beneficiary on different occasions throughout relationship
    • ******** screenshot of engagement announcement post with celebratory comments from families and friends
    • Documentation (Airbnb receipts, plane tickets) showing some of the international and domestic trips (add copies, receipts, tickets) taken by beneficiary and petitioner
    • Bank transactions between the personal accounts of the petitioner and the beneficiary for a period of 15 months

It is nice to have additional evidence with you, it shows you are still working to build a life together. Also DEFINITELY practice before you go to your interview, depending on your case IO might get serious and ask random questions so be prepared, you can just google possible questions.

Well after a long wait our IO invited us inside, we swore to tell the truth and turned off our phones. Honestly, IO mostly talked to my wife, how we met, where we met, when did we get married. He asked why did we get married in a different city at a courthouse which we practiced before (less stress, another friend also did it etc.). He asked me about what I do, when did we get married (he asked this question a lot like 4 times). He asked me about my family, my city etc. So nothing really unusual. The only stressful part is I never knew if I said enough or I talk too much, couldn't really read his face. However after about 30 minutes he said he doesn't want to hold us any longer and I got approved!

I can say that front load your evidence, send everything that can help. Try not to send 150 pictures but joint activities, pictures with families, joint financial responsibilities help a long way (I believe so since I'm not an officer). I organized my folders really well which I believe helped somewhat, try not to rush that.

So that's pretty much it, if you have any other questions please let me know, I would be glad to answer!
    Cheeses and Rice! that's not even three months from start to finish! Congratulations! that's crazy fast and super exciting!
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
      Cheeses and Rice! that's not even three months from start to finish! Congratulations! that's crazy fast and super exciting!
      73 days - I counted them. LOL

Comment

Congratulations!

Originally posted by gradstudent2018 View Post
        Hey everyone!

Thank you for sharing your AOS interview experience with us. Your timeline is truly exceptional and wishing you well on the next steps.

Married to USC, on C9 AOS, same-sex marriage, Seattle, WA
        PD: March 22, 2018
        RD: April 6, 2018
        Biometrics: April 27, 2018
        RFE: June 11, 2018
        RFE Resolved: June 21, 2018
        Requested expedite through ROC: Negative outcome
        July 9, 2018: I-485 Status Changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview
        August 15, 2018: EAD/AP Approval Notice Received by Email
        August 22, 2018: SS Card in Hand
        August 31, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in Hand
        September 1, 2018: Used EAD/AP Combo Card to apply for Canadian Visitors Visa
        September 3, 2018: Canadian TRV approved
        October 24, 2018: Travelled outside of US for medical purpose
        November 4, 2018: Crossed into US border from Canada using EAD/AP Combo Card, Parole Approved

Comment

Congratulations! I added your experience to this thread. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...428#post590428

I think it is a very valuable experience. You were uber organized and were able to put it all together for the fastest interview we have seen around here.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Congratulations gradstudent2018 ! And thank you for enriching us with your experience. What evidences did you front load?
            10/25/2019 mail received by USCIS Chicago Lockbox.
            11/08/2019 credit card charged
            11/11/2019 received NOA via text
            11/26/2019 biometrics completed
            01/02/2020 received I-693 courtesy letter
            01/03/2020 interview ready to be scheduled
            02/14/2020 EAD approved
            11/10/2020 Interview scheduled
            12/18/2020 Interview date

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}