Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Results 1 to 1 of 1
  1. #1

    Default GreenCard(US) Name change - Still married but want to change back to my maiden name.

    Name before marriage: NIKITA [Fathers Name] [Fathers Last Name]
    Name after marriage/ Current Name: NIKITA [Husbands Name] [Husbands Last Name]

    - I was married 5 years ago in Mumbai while my husband was on H1B. On my marriage certificate, my name was changed.
    - I had to get a new passport which also reflected the changed name.
    - And then, the changed name naturally got carried over to my Green Card.

    We are still married. Can someone advice me about the procedure for a change of name on my green card and passport? Which one needs to be done first?


    Any help will be highly appreciated!

    Last edited by rigsinbait; 08-17-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts