Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing H1 Stamping (transiting Amsterdam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing H1 Stamping (transiting Amsterdam)

Hello,

I am currently on H1B. My Visa has been expired and now I have my H1B approval with me.

I am visiting my home country and will get my visa stamping done in this trip. Since I don’t have visa stamping on my passport, will it cause any issue while transiting Amsterdam. Also would like to mention here that same is case for my wife. She have her expired H4 stamping on her passport and now she is on H1 and we have approval for her also.

Please do let us know if Amsterdam would need the stamping on the passport for us.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Not required.

Comment

Transit via Belgium doesn't require a valid U.S visa. Not too sure about Amsterdam (People have faced issues while transiting via Frankfurt and Heathrow with an expired U.S visa). Write an email to the Consulate General of Netherlands and carry the "No Objection" with you, just in case.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,

As per my conversation with the Travel Agents/Airlines 3 months back - Transit Visa was not required for Belgium , Amsterdam but required for London,Frankfurt (as my visa was also expired)

As mentioned better to call/write to the consulate , airlines and confirm the same from them.and keep a written proof if any from them.

Ultimately , I went to India by Continental Airlines as it is direct flight from NewWark to Delhi. (so no transit issues/transit waiting time)

Thanks and regards,
        Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X