Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 221g Yellow form: Mumbai Consulate

Hello Folks,

I appeared for L1b visa interview at Mumbai consulte on 22/10/2009. The VO asked me 5-6 questions (details of my current employer, type of work, current pay, the package I was offered and details of US emplyer etc).

Then she handed me back the passport and a 221g yellow form citing Additional Admin processing.
    I have already been to US on B1. I have travelled to Singapore quite a few times.

The silliest part is that my B1 visa was also approved after Additonal Admin Processing. I was granted B1 visa 3weeks after my visa Interview.

Any thoughts on how long they take to complete Admin processing for L1???

Has anyone been through such a situation before? Why would they require Admin processing for every Visa??

Any info would be helpful.

Regards
    Mohammed
    Last edited by ras305; 11-02-2009, 06:26 AM.

Any thoughts on how long they take to complete Admin processing?

No one can predict the time that will take to complete the administrative processing. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60-90 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case.

Has anyone been through such a situation before?

Many people have gone through this process. Search for the related posts in immihelp.

Why would they require Admin processing for every Visa?

Possibly someone with a name close to yours did something and they need to make sure that he/she is not the one who is applying for the visa to enter U.S. It generally has nothing to do with the applicant, but the US wants to protect itself from any problem no matter big or small.
    Last edited by shervin143; 11-02-2009, 01:42 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X